Tree Sap - Yellow stain on seat

Spar-Toon

Reaction score
Zukey - Portage Chain Of Lakes Hamburg MI
Has anybody had any positive experience getting tree sap off their seats?  I recently parked at a friends house and upon leaving noticed little yellow spots on my seats that were caused from tree sap on the needles of possibly a poplar tree.  I have tried multiple solutions and may have lightened it up a little but can still some some yellow staining.  

Any help or suggestions is appreciated. 

Morning, fellow Spartan!

I've heard others mention this phenomenon before, so I know I didn't dream it. I once hit a huge bug with my white Trans Am and the front bumper was stained yellow from its guts.

I tried everything to remove it to no avail; there was still a slight yellow stain that was visible.

A few days later, the sunshine appeared to make the stain disappear. Not sure how that was possible, but it happened.

Give it a few days an see if the same happens to your stains.

You beat me to it Randy. I was going to say give it some sun!

Come on guys, this is Michigan we're talking about!

They do sell UV lamps that simulate sunlight... There tends to be a higher (pardon the pun) sales rate in Colorado...:)

Diet Coke.     Dissolves almost anything.....

LA Totally Awesome is excellent on vinyl. Try it diluted at first then go full strength if you have to. Get it at the Dollar store.

LA Totally Awesome is excellent on vinyl. Try it diluted at first then go full strength if you have to. Get it at the Dollar store.

Yes I did try this stuff without diluting it and it still did not remove the yellow coloring.  I had read where others used this with great success.  

I'm going for sunshine also. We had two spots on the seat after fueling the boat. I cleaned it good with 303 and it was still showing, But two days of bright sun and all gone! Good luck.

Wait...  So 303 protects vinyl from the sun, but doesn't protect stains on vinyl from the sun?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait...  So 303 protects vinyl from the sun, but doesn't protect stains on vinyl from the sun?

Just another of the mysteries of the world kaydano

Back