TriToon add length?

Link

Reaction score
I want to add the full length 25" center toon to my 2012 RL. I had concern because at my association there is a 27' limit on overall length of boats which includes the motor in the down position. My current setup with a Yamaha115 measures 26' 9" so I am close to the limit.

My dealer did some research and he tells me that adding the center toon will add 5" to the overall length which would put me at 27' 2". I am extremely dissapointed in this 2" over the limit [and it is a strict rule with not one additional inch]. I trust my dealer but just thought I would post this and see if anyone can either verify the length or if anyone had any ideas. Thanks

When you say full length, i assume you mean that the current transom will be removed, and your engine will be mounted on the rear of the new center tube?

Have you considered adding a 3/4 length or elliptical center tube to keep your length the same?

Just a thought off the top of my head.

When you say full length, i assume you mean that the current transom will be removed, and your engine will be mounted on the rear of the new center tube?

Have you considered adding a 3/4 length or elliptical center tube to keep your length the same?

Just a thought off the top of my head.
Yes, I know that is an option but for my situation, Slow cruiser, l drive straight, no tubes or skiers but lots of passangers, I prefer the full tube

Contact Bennington Customer Service and see what they say about length. Maybe they can make one slightly shorter. That is assuming they may have to make up a toon special for you.

Maybe cut the points off of the toons? I'm sure there's at least 2" there.

Take the engine cowl off when they measure. Should give you 2 inches.

Jim R - What is that a picture of (your avatar)?

Taking off the cowl would not be acceptable just for the measurement, If I remember right the prop itself is the furthest point back anyways. I was hoping someone else had a 2275 Tritoon with a Yamaha 115 that they could measure and report

Team Bennington can you verify or dispell the fact that the tritoon will indeed add 5" to the overall length?

Hi Link,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the transom is back 17" on a pontoon, 22-23" on a full center tube. Your dealer is correct. They generally are ( since they come to us with these questions).

You really should consider the express tube, it will do the trick for your application by giving the boat bow lift to increase speed with addl passengers.

Sure looks like 5" from Turkeytalker's pic below.

gallery_1527_165_387201.jpg

I also see that my idea of cutting the tips off will not work, as the eyelet is now above the point, opposed to forward of it like on my '02.

Kaydano - my avatar pic is of a 10G SS Cornelius Keg. I homebrew beer, and use that avatar at some brewing related forums. I should really work up an avatar more appropriate to this forum.

Hi Link,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the transom is back 17" on a pontoon, 22-23" on a full center tube. Your dealer is correct. They generally are ( since they come to us with these questions).

You really should consider the express tube, it will do the trick for your application by giving the boat bow lift to increase speed with addl passengers.
TB, I knew and trust my dealer, love them at Point Breeze Marina at Saratoga Lake, NY. Was just so dissapointed that was hoping for a different answer that I wanted to hear.

As long as I have your ear; as you can see my description of what I am looking to do in this thread, would you suggest Lifting Strakes or Express tube to carry more passangers

Thanks to all that replied!

Checked with my engineers just to be sure, and they agree with me...Express tube is your best best. You'll get strakes on that center tube, and most importantly you will add buoyancy, which is what you need for a heavy load! We originally designed the Express package as a dealer-install item, so you are good to go there. Good luck with the project! TB

Thanks TB, I just got off the phone and askd Point Breeze to price it out

Back