hapehour

Reaction score
Here is a link to the video I took of the underside of my 22sslx. I installed a wave shield and wanted to see what kind of a job it does. Had I seen this last year I would`t have waited to install it.I picked up more speed and smoothed out the ride. This toon has the 32'' elliptical toons with lifting streaks. We ran the boat from 0 up to 30mph and got it up on plane for about 10 sec, I didn't really trim it out all that well to get it right up on the rails but I think you will get the idea.

HAPEHOUR

That's really a powerfully convincing video, so thanks for doing this. I have the shield on mine and never doubted the benefits.

Just because I'm curious, how did you actually GET that video? Is it a GoPro with someone laying out front with an arm hanging down holding the camera?

Hapehour...........Excellent job on the project and this video but I did notice one thing when I was watching it............To make it even more efficient is there a way you can close off the area above the pontoons and in between the stanchions? It seems like water is also blowing up/getting above the pontoons while you're underway. I don't know it might make a difference.............I also have the waveshield and I believe this area is closed off by aluminum that runs the length of the pontoon so water can't get above it..........

I thought about it and I can have the pieces made easy and installed super quick. The only reason I did`t do that is I was worried about the pressure under the boat. I figured by leaving it open it would relieve the water pressure under the boat instead of trapping it making the boat ride on the skin. I'm not sure if im correct but without having any pics of the factory shield before I started I erred on the side of caution. If anyone has pics of the factory shield please post them I would love to see how it looks. HAPEHOUR

Going to the lake today.................I'll take a few pics of mine..................unless Semper can quickly pull some up from somewhere..............

Sorry, on boat today and can't search that quick on iPhone .... :)

I tried

It was an iphone 4s with my wife laying on front floor holding the phone under the boat through the front gate, lol
I tried to get my wife to do that ,didn't happen

I tried

I tried to get my wife to do that ,didn't happen
I did one to see what was going on. I have a iphone5. My wife said I was nuts, what if I drop it..... I told her don't worry I got a death grip on it !!! :)

Awesome video. I really didn't think there was that much force. Nice job and thanks for sharing.

Todd

The sides of our wave shield are bent down about 30-40 degrees on the port and starboard sides to deflect the water back down so it doesn't hit the stanchions.

Since you already have the wave shield in place, it might be easier to add another slim one between each pontoon with the edges "flared" like this.

What's that PVC pipe for? You can see it about 7 seconds in.

Very impressive video by the way. Forgot to mention that earlier.

I ran 3/4'' pvc pipe in each bay from side to side so if I wanted to wire something up I could run the wires, probably never use it but could`t hurt.

I ran 3/4'' pvc pipe in each bay from side to side so if I wanted to wire something up I could run the wires, probably never use it but could`t hurt.
Good idea .....

Hapehour.......Took 2 pics of our factory wave shield today at the lake.....It's in the gallery........Hope this helps.......

I have never been on a Bennington without a wave shield to compare it too as mine has one. My last boat was a 25' Lowe...quite older boat....100HP (very old) Evinrude....of course it didn't have a waveshield but it also didn't have a third toon! lol They say it really does make for a much smoother ride. I certainly can't complain with the setup I have now but again, it would be interesting to see what it would be like without one just to compare.

Our old barge with a 60 didn't have one. When the water was rough it is a constant surging. Makes it even more difficult to get in ahead of a storm. Steve

gallery_1283_324_579487.jpg
All right here you go Hapehour.................

Thanks, that makes sense. That is the tripple toon , am i correct? If anyone has pics of a 2 toon that would be great also. Thanks everyone for the great responses...HAPEHOUR

Back