Underwater Led's - Anyone install them ?

BAK

Reaction score
Great forum !! I just purchased a new to me Bennington 2275 RCW. I thought it would be nice to have the underwater lights to attract the fish for our twins. Has anyone installed them ? Thanks in advance for your help. Brian

I purchased a set of Shadowcasters 2 years ago with every intention of installing them. Life seemed to get in the way. I received two quotes from experienced aluminum welded to fabricate brackets on the end caps (around $200).

Spin!!! Where you bin??? How's the new job going?

I'm alive! 2013 was the worst year of my life but I made it out. I see from your sig. You've upgraded to the 150hp. How do you like it? Would you do it again? I'm incredibly jealous.

Bko... My apologies for hijacking your thread. I've been MIA for about a year.

I'm alive! 2013 was the worst year of my life but I made it out. I see from your sig. You've upgraded to the 150hp. How do you like it? Would you do it again? I'm incredibly jealous.

Bko... My apologies for hijacking your thread. I've been MIA for about a year.
Spinzone, No problem.  Maybe you can help.  The boat I bought is 400 miles away and the pictures don't show the rear of the pontoons.  My Crest has angled brackets on both pontoons (I assume for transducers/speedo) Does the Benningtons come with the same?  This would make for a perfect mount for the lights.

Thanks again

Bkosaian, I have the underwater LEDs that were factory installed and yes they were installed on the angled brackets on the end of the toon

Welcome back spinzone

Bkosaian, I have the underwater LEDs that were factory installed and yes they were installed on the angled brackets on the end of the toon

Welcome back spinzone
Link,

Thanks that helps, would you know if all Benningtons come with that bracket?

Thanks

Mine does not have brackets on both pontoons.

Spin - Love the 150, and I would definitely do it again!  HUGE difference pulling tubes. 

There was about a 40% drop in max speed with an empty boat vs full boat with the 115HP.  With the 150HP, there's only about a 7% drop in max speed on empty vs full boat.  Night and day difference when pulling tubes.

And the 150HP uses less gas.

BKO, my 2011 RCW has one bracket, welded to the port side end cap. The starboard is smooth and thin. When I lived in KY I had a really good welder give me pricing (not something to skimp on). Then I moved to NC, started getting involved in the kiddo activities, built a custom home, restored a 1966 GTO and generally got tied up in work. I'm sure I'll get back on board my awesome boat this year. I need the stress relief!

Kaydano, now I'm really jealous! I might be in the beginning stages of upgrade syndrome once again.

Our new boat has the salt water package which adds a bracket on the starboard toon. So I guess I could always add the lights your referring to quite easily. Without the salt water package I think your only have one bracket.

My 2012 GCW had one bracket on it.  When I took it in for service last year, I had the dealer weld one on the other toon.  He charged me $75 which seemed like a great deal to me.

I plan to add morelights soon.

I just finished adding the side leds 2x25' strips and love it. I've been looking to add the underwater leds and am also missing the starboard bracket. I'm thinking to install on engine pan.

I have the factory underwater lights and yes, you will need both brackets off the end of hte tubes.  If you only have 1, its a simple fix that any aluminum welding shop can do (most marina's etc have  people they contract out to weld aluminum).

After that, its just installing the underwater lights to the brackets and running wires to the batter and console for a switch.

Good luck

Todd'

Back