Vinyl letters/signs

Calamus

Reaction score
Got the boat licensed. Now i need some vinyl letters anyone have a favorite online store to get them?

I usually get mine at west marine or where I buy my boat.Good luck on your new pontoon it is awesome.

I use Domednumbers.com. They are very high quality, and they produce them in the Bennington font.

We used the domed letters too. They look great.

My first one we did ourselves. My wife and her parents run an embroidery and promotions business, so they have a vinyl cutter. We used the Batman font, we really liked it. My last two we used domednumbers. We got full chrome the first time, and this time we did I think silver with chrome outline maybe? I can't actually remember, but I know it was a two tone.

I actually went to a local sign shop and they were able to make me the exact color and even two toned the numbers to make them look a little cooler on the boat. The gentle man even installed them $35.00 total. Check out your local sign shop first.

Jeff

I ordered my numbers today from domednumbers. thiss started last week when I sent him the photos of my 2014 boat. he said they were different from others they had made. mostly chrome. he ask if I had a few days for him to work on the new colors, so I said sure, take your time. yesterday he emailed me said he went to a bennington dealer there and took close up pix of them and returned to his shop to duplicate their colors.  he came up with the "brushed silver and black outline"  he sent me proofs and they will be almost exactly like the bennington fonts and colors. the proofs aren't that clear but close enough for me to go ahead and order the new numbers. he says the real thing will be amazing !!!!  hope he's rite !!!  will let ya'll know when they come in and I install them and take pix !!!!

Nice Grizz, can't wait to see them.  My dealer put white block letters on mine and I have considered redoing them

I have the domednumbers.com brand for registration numbers.   They have the bennington font and look REAL good.   I will probably replace my white name letters on the back with that same font, or maybe go with a reflective white in the same font

Every sign shop has a big vinyl sign machine that prints and cuts letters.  The machines have taken all the skill out of being a sign painter.

Unfortunately, not all sign shops have the proper vinyl in stock to do this little job with.  They cannot stock every kind/color of vinyl.

I found an internet sign shop in Waynesboro, Tennessee that specializes in marine lettering.  He sent me chrome letters with black outlining. 

Some states specify certain lettering fonts on 3" high numbers.  They don't like the italicized numbers or those with swirly writing.

My last letters for my Waverunner look like aluminum diamond plate, and they're also outlined in black to match the machine.

Nice Grizz, can't wait to see them.  My dealer put white block letters on mine and I have considered redoing them
Me too, I want to name the boat, my wife does not.  So for now, plain letters without graphics we have.

Me too, I want to name the boat, my wife does not.  So for now, plain letters without graphics we have.
Is not naming a boat or renaming a boat considered unlucky????? Or is this an old wives tale to begin with?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Boats us looks good we can name the boat and portage also.

Last edited by a moderator:
My lettering is hand-cut Teak.  What's all this talk about vinyl letters?????  LOL

Back