Waiting on Build Date/Delivery

jgingrey

Reaction score
Hello All:

Instead of hijacking various threads I decided to take the time to make my own.  We ordered a 2275 GCW in mid May.  Deposit was made on May 17th.  Still waiting for the build date to be determined.  To my wife's detriment I have since filled our dining room with items for the boat.  We will be boating in the Pensacola, Destin areas of the Florida panhandle.  Looking forward to finally being on the water when we want as opposed to when friends want to take out their boat.

I've very much enjoyed reading the forums.  This forum helped determine the manufacturer of our boat.  We test drove several in a 100 mile radius and Bennington seemed to fit our needs the best. 

-jgingrey

*UPDATE*  Finally got a build date for Friday.  I knew posting here who subliminally force Bennington to build my boat. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on a great decision and welcome to the party.

Congrats and welcome!!

Thank for the welcomes.  Looking forward to this.

The boat is finally at the dealer.  Should have it by next weekend.  I can't wait.

Tomorrow can't get here early enough.  Finally can post pics..assuming everything looks good.  Can't wait.

Ha ha. It gets even worse after you take delivery. I almost slept on it the night we brought it home. Love seeing posts like this. Brings back good memories. Congrats!!!

Congrats !! It's now "The Day" .... :)

This they way I feel today and my boat is over a year old and I've been without it for a week! Congrats on the new boat!

Congrats! Hopefully your still out enjoying the new addition :)

Wonderful couple of days.  Guys at the marina were very helpful.  Went to the dealer on Saturday and picked up the boat finally.  Surprised to see it was a 2015 instead of the 2014.  Not sure what the changes were/are.  We must have been right on the ordering cusp.  Had a wonderful 2 hour boat ride from the launch to our marina.  Kind of rough water but the Benny handled it very well.  Very busy weekend for boats...lot of extra traffic due to the Blue Angels airshow. 

On a side note..  Do trim gauges serve any real purpose?  Ours seems to work intermittently.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The trim gauge should be working all the time.  I do it by feel rather than looking at the trim gauge, or more correctly I watch the GPS MPH and will play with the trim until I reach max speed for the rpm I am going.  All in all I would say that 3/4 trim up seems to be my sweet spot

Back