Waiting...Patiently?

I feel like I have a shady dealer. Ordered new boat end of Feb 2017 and was guaranteed verbally by salesman of an end of April delivery. I finally contacted him April 28th asking about it and he said sometime in May. Didn't tell me about supply issues or anything. I don't even think it has been built yet. What is our recourse, if anything? They don't have unlimited time for delivery, do they? At what point should they start knocking the price down?  Thanks for any replies, I'm just very frustrated!!

I guess the thing about it is that they don't have unlimited time for delivery because at some point a customer may walk but they are pretty much held hostage same as we are by the amount of time that it takes to build the boat.     I know the dealer wants the boat to arrive as quickly as possible because they don't get paid until the sale is finalized.    Did the Dealer give you a build date for your boat yet?    The Dealer should be able to tell you what your build date is based on the info they receive from Bennington.   If you placed your order and it was finalized end of Feb that is something I would think they would have by now.    I would reach back out and ask them if they received a specific date for the build from Bennington.    If not then I would ask them to reach out and find out when it is.   

I'm pretty new at this since this is my first boat they was built for me, my build date was 5/4 and on 5/3 the dealer reached out to me to schedule delivery for 5/12.  I thought that seemed odd that they were planning to delivery date before it was even build but I wasn't going to discourage it.    I'm still waiting to get word that the boat has arrived at the dealer so I can go sign for it but I'm ready to go as soon as I get the call.   

For what it's worth I understand your frustration as I'm sure many others on this forum do, especially with the weather warming up.   It's been 10 days since your last conversation with the dealer so I would call them up again and see what new info they have if any...If they don't have a build date then I would probably ask to speak to the sales manager...At this point you should have at least the build date or a reason as to why not.

welcome-images-27.png

There Is Nothing More Exciting or Rewarding 

Than Taking Delivery after all the

Planning and Anticipation

For Me It Was Like Being A Kid Again

On Christmas Day :)

Sounds Like A Great Benny,

Wish I Had 600 Acres Here 

Can't Wait To See The Benny

Last edited by a moderator:

There Is Nothing More Exciting or Rewarding 

Than Taking Delivery after all the

Planning and Anticipation

For Me It Was Like Being A Kid Again

On Christmas Day :)

Sounds Like A Great Benny,

Wish I Had 600 Acres Here 

Can't Wait To See The Benny

Thanks Pittsburgh!   Hope to have pics soon.   Will be sure to post em.

Received a Call this Morning from the Dealer.   The Dealer received a call from Bennington and the boat is now built and sitting on the trailer ready to be shipped.   Dealer says they expect it either Tuesday 5/16 or Wednesday 5/17.     They say they are hoping to have it delivered to me by this weekend.    They had originally scheduled me for delivery on 5/12 but due to delay with furniture they cancelled.    Hoping to have it by the weekend but not getting my hopes up just yet since they will have to prep and rig the boat but keeping my fingers crossed.   Just thought I'd post an update.   I'll post pics once I have them.   

At least it is built now so that is 90% of the battle. You'll have it soon and be in the water. I see you are close to me so luckily/unluckily the weather has been crappy for boating so far.

At least it is built now so that is 90% of the battle. You'll have it soon and be in the water. I see you are close to me so luckily/unluckily the weather has been crappy for boating so far.

No kidding. Worst spring boating weather I've seen in 12 years. I feel like I am in Michigan :lol: .

No kidding. Worst spring boating weather I've seen in 12 years. I feel like I am in Michigan :lol: .

I was getting a double place jet ski lift modified for our new to us paddle wheeler yesterday and had to go under the dock to remove some screws. Nothing like being neck deep in 56 degree water! I came out of the water looking like Caitlyn Jenner!

Yep we really enjoy our 6 weeks of summer here in Michigan. 

It's my fault...I bought a new boat....Expect the worst summer weather in at least the last 12 yrs.    I'm cursed!

The dam on our lake is dumping out 33 billon gallons of water a day and the lake has only dropped 1.5 feet in a week. Still 21 feet over normal. Marina has been closed two weeks in a row and this may be the 3rd this week. We need it to stop raining. I took the picture below right at the dam on last Saturday. The power of the water is incredible./monthly_2017_05/large.IMG_0146.JPG.6d76aab693a1de5620b6bd8e5d4ac0e3.JPG

Looks awesome Decker23!

What part of the prepping does the Miller High Life play, or is that just good product placement?  Good looking Benni.

Last edited by a moderator:
What part of the prepping does the Miller High Life play, or is that just good product placement?  Good looking Benni.

Ha!   That's Funny, I didn't realize it was in the shot.    I actually brought that along for the guy that was Rigging and Prepping my boat.   I figured that's the kind of guy that you want to take care of.    I had my sales guy ask him what kind of Brew he liked, and figured it couldn't hurt to hook him up with a little gratitude.    

Beautiful build you have there! Now we just need to get some decent weather up here in Michigan so you can go out on it without a snowmobile suit!

Back