We may have a problem... Advice needed.

If you re-order you may get a 2015 ,not sure when they start building them . July does seem like too long, that's 6 weeks .At least you would get what you want .

My dealer has an 25' R model ( don't remember which model. Black with Ivory 150 Yahama )  that came in with the wrong color furniture ,if you aren't committed to your current dealer .

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah was just gonna ask if there are any other dealers in decent vicinity.

Was offered a showroom model 2013 2550 QCL in Black which is the color I wanted from the beginning...  Only charging me 6K more than I paid on this 2013 GSR.  Seems like a no brainer to me.  Same upgrades and then some...  Even a new yammy 150 because the other one with 10hours on it is beeping.  I don't think I can beat that...  It didn't have a ski pole so they are adding a 52" pylon for me also.

Any reason I shouldn't jump on this opportunity?

I'd say if you are comfortable with the price, go for it. How does their price compare to the msrp? I would think you should be at least 35-40% off range.

Did you want a 150. Heavy boat might want to upgrade...

For a 25' Q you'll want more than a 150.

According to the 2013 builder on the Bennington site I'm a little over 40% off. Price im happy with. Going to see it this morning.

Build site says 200 is the max .

http://www.benningtonmarine.com/Pontoon-Boat.php?id=734

Package with Transom Length Person Capacity Hull Weight
(no engine) Max HP Pontoon Gauge With 25" Tubes (20") 12 People 2,952 lbs 150 HP 0.100 ESP Performance Package (25") 15 People 3,298 lbs 350 HP 0.100 Express Performance Package (20") 12 People 2,952 lbs 150 HP 0.100 With 32" Elliptical Tubes (20") 15/14 People 3,022 lbs 150/200 HP 0.100

Based on what little you said about the new boat, I'd say you'd be crazy not to jump on it.

Others are right I think though on the 150. I know it's the max, but will it be enough power for you? Will you pull a tube with it?

Right now the on the 2550 GSR I was able to pull a tube faster than the rider was comfortable, and that has the standard double 25" pontoons.  I was happy with it, we had maybe 6 people on the boat also so I think I'll be "satisfied".... BUT....  Bigger is always better  B)

Jack,
Thanks for the link on that... What the heck is going on that they want to say 150 is max?  Makes me wonder.

The site says 150/200.  Why not just the 200.  Is there something required to get it to the 200?  I'll leaving here in 20 minutes, will see if I can find that.  I'm taking this print out with me.  Thanks Jack!

I think I figured it out.  It appears to be related to capacity 15/14.  Current tag says 15 on boat.  

How much more should I pay for the 200 vs. the F150 they are including?  Any quick response is appreciated in case final negotiation goes down in an hour or so.

They might be able to knock one person off the capacity plate and go up to 200 HP.  I'm not sure if the dealer is allowed to do that, or if it has to be factory approved, or what.  But, possibility.  Heard it done here on the forum before.

Good Luck!

In the Mercury brand, I would say the upgrade from 150 to 200 would be in the $3000-$3500 range.

It's the twin elips. 150 max but you can get a capacity plate for 200. Doing just what you said and going down in the number of people. Not sure of the weight of the Q but I think you'd be just fine with the 150, and at 40% off. You'll be able to trade for a good deal in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd also say jump on it. Is the 200 better, sure, but the 150 is still plenty good enough, just ask Dave! Also, trade in later will be great (at a different dealer since this one knows the deal you got!) if you ever choose that route. Do it! Only 10 hours, might actually qualify for PAD's club pack. Haha

Back