We may have a problem... Advice needed.

PADs Club pack LOL!

Yep...  3 times on the water, had to upgrade to a Q!

I'm happy about the situation, it's a much nicer boat, but I didn't have many options.

SO here is what happened;

Took the 2550 QCL with the New 150 Yammie.  I was told the 2014 model has a stronger pan to support the engines above 150 and it simply wasn't do-able on the 2013 within Bennington's specs (but probably "doable")

Also told NOT to get the SHO because the the prop would sit too high and suck too much air on this setup...

This boat was sitting next to the Wood Grain Bennington selling for 6 figures!!!  The interior was exactly the same, but man that wood grain boat was beautiful!

So I signed another contract, and they are buying the other boat back.

Here is something I noticed, but didn't go back and search the threads yet...

It's a black mooring cover, and there are black lines on the bow cushions.  I remember something about a recall...  I don't want to muddy the waters, but I mentioned it to the guy and he said the covers don't stain, I mentioned I heard a recall or something, but he wasn't sure.  I'm pretty sure someone on this forum had to have their seats re-done and a new cover (under warranty) so i'm not too worried.  I just want to get this thing in the water and break-in the engine before Memorial Day weekend!

That six figure "Q" is real wood, not wood grain. B)

Welcome to the club!

Thanks! Lakeliving, I'm sure I've driven past your place a few times. Small world, proud to dive a Bennington.

Now you have to change your signature tag, high roller. :D  

I'm grateful I worked with a reputable dealer who honors their word and cares about the clients.  They couldn't make the original deal right, but overall they made it right.  

It's not completely over since I haven't taken delivery yet, but i'm sure it will work out and will follow up.

Lost $60 on my domed registration numbers :(  

Also spent $200 on 4 awg marine wire pre-terminated and everything to fit the 2550 GSR for my helm distribution panel plans , that's non refundable, so hopefully it will fit the job on this Q for the amp...

Closing on the boat tomorrow night at 7pm.  They had the guy local to me drive out to the other dealership to grab the paperwork and accomodate a closing closer to my home, very nice service! 

Delivery ETA is Wednesday, however i'm not sure about that due to rain, may push it back voluntarily.

Signed contract on the new QCL.  Delivery set for tomorrow...  I heard they had so many orders they have deliveries cut off for this weekend which is supposed to be 70's and Sunny all weekend!  

PICS PICS AND ...... MORE PICS !!!!

Nice Kells, the Q is pure luxury

Thanks, I'm excited!  Just received call that the boat is getting cleaned up, they tightened up a few things I pointed out when I looked at it and everything is all set.  I'm just waiting on them to cover it up and trailer it over :)

I will post pics asap

Congrats on the new boat! We are the ones that had our seats replaced because of the defective mooring cover that stained our seats. Bennington also replaced the mooring cover. The replacement mooring cover started to leave a few minor streaks on our seats. We contacted the dealer again and they suggested for us to cover the tops of seats with a white sheet before covering with the mooring covers. They gave us some sheets that Bennington uses at the factory before the boat is wrapped for delivery. Our boats stays in the water with the mooring cover on year round in Floirda and the sheets have made a huge difference in keeping the boat seats clean from stains, bugs and mildew. 

Yes.  Crimson Red accent panel, champagne body.  Do you think it's the same one you just bought?

Enjoy! Small world indeed. That boat was awesome. I really miss the waveshield...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back