Well, I did it.

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Yup, I made it through a boat show WITHOUT ordering a boat!! Woohoo!! I may be on the road to recovery!  There you go, here is the cure for PAD's, buy one boat that costs more than you paid for your house, agree to make loan payments on it for the next 20 years, and have a wife that swears she will leave you or kill you if you even talk about buying another boat! This should help in solving the addiction. Symptoms may return every year when new model lineup is announced. 

I'm proud of you, yet have a feeling of disappointment all in the same breath. You do have a sweet boat though so I can see where you wouldn't have such an urge to re order.

I'll buy your boat Derrick. What do you want for it?

Oh Kaydano you big tease!! Haha. I was a little disappointed too Andy, but I think since I still have a few thoughts rolling around in my head of things I want to do with the boat, that helps. Plus my wife makes great peanut butter and honey sandwiches so I'd hate to lose her. Also it is technically a 2014 boat. I was talking to the rep, I thinking may have the rarest boat out there. I just may have the only one ever. Ours is a 2014 2275RCW Sport Tower. Well they don't make a 2275RCW Sport Tower in 2014. Now you have to get a 2375RCW to get the tower. Funny thing was he said, "there you go, with a boat that rare you should be worth an extra $10G when you trade it in!" to which I quickly made my dealer aware of!! Haha I did like how the "mood lighting" on the tower has a factory dimmer switch on it now. Although I never boat at night so it doesn't truly matter to me.

Derrick ,what is the LOA of your 2275 ?

On my 2375 ,even though it is listed  as a 23, the LOA is 25.6 because of the bow is now extended over the tubes .

Last year on my 22 SLX the LOA was 21.10 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure Bennington listed it as 24.10' I know it was 24' for sure

Hey Jack what motor did you have on your 22 SLX 

Jack, my 2275 is 24'10".  With the Yamaha 115 it is 26' 10" from the very front to the very back with the motor in the down position.  I know this because our association's dock rules state maximum title 24' and the overall length cannot exceed 27' with motor in the down position.  With the new 23xx series which is 25' 2" I would expect to add 4" and thus put me at 27" 2" and just over the limit.  So now my plans of waiting a few years and then trading in might be thwarted

That's one way to cure PADS.

Derrick, I went to my doctor yesterday and she told me that the last stage of P.A.D. syndrome is Final Benningitus, so you

should be good for another year ! 

Jack, my 2275 is 24'10".  With the Yamaha 115 it is 26' 10" from the very front to the very back with the motor in the down position.  I know this because our association's dock rules state maximum title 24' and the overall length cannot exceed 27' with motor in the down position.  With the new 23xx series which is 25' 2" I would expect to add 4" and thus put me at 27" 2" and just over the limit.  So now my plans of waiting a few years and then trading in might be thwarted
Mine will be titled as a 23 ,so you may be alright .Remind me once mine gets assembled I will take an overall if you like .It will have  150 Mercury 

I dont think there is a cure ,I still like looking at others builds and"thinking how would that be on mine" ?
I was referring to the limitations the association put on Link.  I don't think he'd buy a new boat only to be able to driveway cruise with it.

Well let me start by saying,  don't ask me why I was looking on ebay for Bennington pontoon, but this did come up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bennington-2575QCW-Hackercraft-Edition-with-ESP-Saltwater-Package-/171254806174?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27df94f69e&item=171254806174&pt=Power_Motorboats

Do I make an offer??? Hehe
Of course ,tell them you want a 2015 though.

That dealer has two listed ,the other one says it has an ESP package ,and there is no center tube .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bennington-21SLX-Saltwater-Pontoon-Boat-Cedar-Island-Edition-/171254918464?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27df96ad40&item=171254918464&pt=Power_Motorboats

Last edited by a moderator:
Back