Well, we did it!

I boat on Clear Lake, MB. It's in Riding Mountain National Park. I do love our trees, but love the great rock formations in Gee's pics. As for the front deck, tower has nothing to do with it, my last 2275RCW was exactly the same. Only about 6" or so.

That is a matter of opinion lol, I would rather be surrounded with beautiful wilderness like your pics show rather than desert, not saying Gees photos are not nice but wilderness is to my liking a bit more.
You guys are silly don't you know I PHOTOSHOP out things like People, Other boats, Rough water, & Most of all DESERT! I hate Desert when ever Im boating in the desert I always make sure I don't focus on the sand and camels. :)

Last edited:
Derrick, what a beautiful boat !!!

You guys are silly don't you know I PHOTOSHOP out things like People, Other boats, Rough water, & Most of all DESERT! I hate Desert when ever Im boating in the desert I always make sure I don't focus on the sand and camels. :)
Well since Gee came clean, so will I, boat is still sitting on the trailer, hasn't touched water, wife photoshop'd me in it and the water and the wake boarding, she's very good!! Haha

Lol.............. you have super skills send some my way.

I am merely assuming of course without knowledge of your area that it is somewhat desert like from what I see in some pics.

I am open to being corrected, I take lashings well. haha!

Well, had another fabulous day on the lake with friends, but the best part was when I got back home! Finally got to set up the stereo!! For any of you stereo hounds (car or boat or whatever ) get an SMD Distortion Detector!! Super simple! Way easier than an O scope and just as accurate! First measured at what volume level my deck sent a clipped signal, then set the gains on the amps, incredible difference!! Then I had to dial back my one amp since it puts out 1000w RMS and the subs are only rated for 300 each, man they were moving for a minute or two!! Haha the REV10's are an absolute amazing tower speaker. So impressed with them. Definitely need to add some more sound up front though, sounds great at the helm, but people in the front are getting seriously short changed. I have a couple ideas, just have to see if they will work or not!

Derrick: How are you using your Tower Speakers? Example are you playing music for the kids while you pull them on a tube. Or are you using them for sound while beached?

Mostly while towing tubes, wakeboards etc. There aren't a lot of places that I would shore up on my lake, a few places, but mostly we prefer to just anchor in some shallow water and lounge around. Why?

Well here are yet a few more pics, too bad we didn't have any friends out on the lake that we could have used their boat to take pics of our boat in action. These were all taken off a dock and for the most part the boat is only in about 3ft of water. It was mostly all sand in this area so we decided to take a few shots. I wish it was deeper so I could have done some REAL power turns and gotten that log out of the water!!

Schweeeeeet !!!!!

Great pictures Derrick! I'm surprised you didn't have your wife sit on a tube in deeper water so you could get the shot you were looking for!

Great pictures Derrick! I'm surprised you didn't have your wife sit on a tube in deeper water so you could get the shot you were looking for!
Haha, I actually had thought of that, but then I had the vision of some kid coming by with a tow boat with his ballasts full and her getting tossed around and our expensive camera ending up at the bottom of the Lake! As it was there was a few people who came zooming through where we were (not that they would have known we were doing an impromptu photo shoot) , one person slowed right down and looked like they were going to anchor for some lunch so I did a couple power turns real quick so they would see the wife on the dock and figure it out. Sucks, not sure we'll have another day as gorgeous and calm as that one for a while!

Probably another 11 months....I would love to use your boat shots as my background but my wife would probably give me hassle since we have our own. It is kind of like using photos of someone else's kids as a background instead of your own!

Nice shots! Love the larger PTM Edge mirror!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the mirror too but Suzi won't let me spend the extra $60.00 for it. :(

Ours are big enough, Carl...........but my eyes are getting worse the older I get...........

Nice shots! Love the larger PTM Edge mirror!
I am happy I kept it, I have to take it off each time, but it's not that big of a deal. Although I do have to send PTM an email onhow they can improve their design a little.

I like the mirror too but Suzi won't let me spend the extra $60.00 for it. :(
Carl, you know better!! It's easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!! I always make 'deals' with the wife, when she sees a pair of jeans or something she really wants, I just say, well maybe I'll get a pair, or a shirt too. Then say on second thought, I'll not get the jeans and get that bigger mirror instead. BAM! She can't say I'm wasting money if I'm buying the same thing she is, and if the mental decision was already made to spend the money, then it doesn't matter anymore. Oh, one tip, don't try this trick if she's buying a bra, it WILL backfire! Don't ask how I know.

Ours are big enough, Carl...........but my eyes are getting worse the older I get...........
Well done Daril, now you've made it a safety issue! No price is too high for safety!

I sure hope to meet you some day in person Derrick.

Back