What did you do to/for your Bennington, today?

I walked by TOONAFUN, caressed her gently, and told her that I'd take her out for a ride this Sunday.    :(

With my luck, all the color would disappear.
Dilute it. I have used it on the seats, the carpet, and on the Bimini boot. (Same material as the Bimini cover and playpen cover) just test it in an inconspicuous spot. Have never had a problem!

Start out by putting a 1/2 cup of bleach in a spray bottle and mix with water. If the solution is too weak and doesn't work add more bleach and mix until the mildew disappears.....

The man in the brown truck delivered my boat mirror, today. Will have to wait until Sunday to try it out.

Today I installed two more Wet Sounds XS-650's in my boat! Still have to finish/clean up some of the wiring, but so far so good! I've only had them sitting in the basement for over a year, so figured it was time. I guess that's the one good thing about having the week off and the weather being uncooperative and windy all week.

Wife was backing up in the shallows with trim to far down and took some nicks outta the prop.......

Wife was backing up in the shallows with trim to far down and took some nicks outta the prop.......
She didn't get a teaching moment, did she?

I just hooked mine to the Jeep. The wife and I just got back from a 62 mile organized bike bride called Bikes, Blues, and Bayous. Fixing to relax on the water this afternoon.

As I mentioned in another post, I took my bimini boot to the dealer to get it replaced or repaired due to the stitching ripping out at the zipper. They replaced it with an almost new one (2 weeks old). Said he would order a new one if I didn't want that one.

Not a darn thing.

Cheers, Steve

I added my mirror. I really like that and it sure adds to the comfort of driving the boat. I don't have to twist around to see if someone is sneaking up on me, or if I'm fixing to turn into someone. 

I got my Scotty mounts as well as two packs of the fender rings. I have them mounted in the best place I could find to be useful. The only problem is that there are limited spots to put them in order to use them for what I actually wanted. My main objective was to use the fender rings. The two on the sides and toward the stern can be used for the fenders, but the front, the closest I could get is the side gate on the port side and nothing on the starboard side. I'll just have to come up with something different for the front fenders.

I want my fenders to be usable very quickly while staying in storage when not needed. I don't like the looks of fenders hanging all over someone's boat while they are under way. Bout like curb finders on a Cadillac. 

I washed mine yesterday...then took it fishing and the first fish caught shook blood all over it....

New lower unit and prop..... Stupid #%¥£&@$ Rocks

Was only going about 5 mph looking at houses along the shoreline (first time on this lake) in about 4 ft. Wa la rock pile.

Got her back yesterday, all better now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Was only going about 5 mph looking at houses along the shoreline (first time on this lake) in about 4 ft. Wa la rock pile.

Been there done that :wacko:

Ouch! What a bummer. Glad you are back in business!

Ouch! Sorry for the mishap. We know where that rock pile is, now.

Just curious; I remember back about 25 years ago, I had a bass boat with a Merc 50 on it. I paid about 800.00 for a used unit when I cracked it on a river log. About what do those things run now? Hopefully never to find out the hard way.

Took it out in the sunshine with Jill and 3 friends for 2 hours this afternoon.  Now back at work to take care of what I blew off earlier.  

Been there done that :wacko:
First time in over 20 years of boating

Ouch! What a bummer. Glad you are back in business!
Thanks Andy, Things happen, Hope the New little one is doing good, should be almost ready to go tubing,  :D

Ouch! Sorry for the mishap. We know where that rock pile is, now.

Just curious; I remember back about 25 years ago, I had a bass boat with a Merc 50 on it. I paid about 800.00 for a used unit when I cracked it on a river log. About what do those things run now? Hopefully never to find out the hard way.
That is the one down fall with a Stainless Prop. I was told if I had had a basic aluminum Prop it would have just damaged the prop and most likely would not have damaged the lower unit.

Lower unit for the 2014 yamaha 150 was about $2500 

Back