What do you do?

Beautiful lake! Been there many times. My brother in law was a Roanoke police officer and we rented a few places there. Just take your time. Practice practice practice! My wife navigates our boat into the slip and I hop off and pull us in the rest of the way. Gets easier the more you do it.....
Thanks, I am sure we will eventually get the hang of it.

I graduated from Texas A&M in 1984 and went straight to work for Hewlett Packard 3 days later. I had numerous jobs within the company for 28 years and took early retirement in 2012. I live on a lake in East Texas and bought a small country store just outside the entrance gate of our addition two months after retirement. It's a 7,000 sq. ft. store with groceries, hardware, fresh cut meat, gas, storage units and a grill/deli. I also sell custom golf carts! While I work at the store way more than I should, I do drive a golf cart to work and live on a lake!!

I graduated from Texas A&M in 1984 and went straight to work for Hewlett Packard 3 days later. I had numerous jobs within the company for 28 years and took early retirement in 2012. I live on a lake in East Texas and bought a small country store just outside the entrance gate of our addition two months after retirement. It's a 7,000 sq. ft. store with groceries, hardware, fresh cut meat, gas, storage units and a grill/deli. I also sell custom golf carts! While I work at the store way more than I should, I do drive a golf cart to work and live on a lake!!

Daughter just graduated from A&M last month. Whoop!

I spent a few years working as an RN before deciding that although the job was emotionally rewarding the pay and working conditions were terrible. I went back to school and got an MBA. Combining that with my clinical knowledge went to work with a large hospital company and after 25 years retired early at 60 years of age from my position as Vice President. I could have never retired at 60 working as an RN. I also worked as an Adjunct Professor of Health Information Management teaching Quality Assurance and Statistics at a local university. On one hand I love being retired and enjoy being able to spend far more time on boat now, but I am the kind of guy who has to stay busy. I found a job as a consultant, that allows me to only take consulting jobs that I am interested in and that I can do totally over the phone or on-line. Provides some extra spending money while giving me great flexibility.

Back