What do you do?

New to this site we just made our first Bennington purchases, 2018 23ssbxp, 150 yamaha twin toon hopfully get delivery by the end of this week. I own a Mechanical contracting firm "commercial plumbing and HVAC" I have been in the industry for 18 years started right out of high school worked for a couple of other contracting firms, took the good left the bad and started my own 4 years ago and have never looked back. I currently have 14 of the best employees a guy could ask for. "one team one dream"
Welcome and post some pictures!

I am a Sr. Development Manager at IBM in Rochester MN. Started here in 1980 (yes, 38 years ago) as a Software Engineer. I've been in Management for 22 years, with somewhere around 2-3 years left before I retire. My wife is a Nurse at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, so in that respect we are very much the 'average' couple in Rochester (IBM and Mayo).

Howdy...I'll try and bring this thread back to life!!!

We just bought our first Benny a couple weeks ago and we absolutely love it!!

I (Chuck) am a Contract Maintenance Manager in East Texas. I manage the facility maintenance for 4 Federal Government Buildings out here. I can't give too much detail but it def keeps me busy and pays the bills!! I just never seem surprised by some of the things the Gov does anymore...lol!!

My wife (Talia) is an RN at one of the local Hospitals here. She's going on 17 years of service as a nurse. I am one blessed man to have such a beautiful caring woman by my side.

No kids for us....1 doggie (Riley) and some toys!!

This forum has been very educational for us so far...Thank you to all for any info and experience that you have shared!!

I too recently acquired my first Benny, it’s not even a month old and am already sending her in for her 20 hour break in maintenance.

I’m a degreed mechanical engineer, that heads a global shared services group (doing mostly accounting) for a $2B manufacturing company.

Apparently accounting needs engineers to fix their broken processes.

Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, moved to Germany, Florida, Mexico City, and now back to Florida.

Looking forward to the day when I can retire and spend most of my time on my Benny and the beach.

Re reading the posts was a nice trip down memory lane! And to provide an update job wise, I'm doing similar work down here in FL. Just warmer while doing it.

USMC, then 39 years in Law Enforcement. Currently Chief of Police in the Washington DC area. Soon to depart policing and off to Smith Mountain Lake, VA. The first boat, following the last plane, Cruising at lower altitudes.
What department are you with???

Towards the end of a long career in financial services industries in finance, cash and investment management. Currently head of trust operations for a bank. Purchased boat recently and lot at a lake in Kentucky where my wife of 36 years and I plan to spend a lot of time at when I retire in the next few years. Working on downsizing current home and will be building house at the lake soon. And loving spending time with my first grandchild! She's only been on the boat once and loved it (8 months old but laughed and smiled the whole time like her grandfather!).

Working on downsizing current home and will be building house at the lake soon
We were able to have the resources to demo Jill's grandfathers cabin at Lake Cumberland and build a lake house. 5 Bedrooms and 4 baths and lots of space overlooking the lake. Our kids both live close and use the lake house. We have be amazed that it not big enough (LOL). When you have great friends and a nice place to go to with people that don't boat you can show them the boating world. It is different and relaxing. It really helps if there is not good data coverage.

I’ll weigh in.

I’m a pharmacist by degree and trade, but I have my own consulting company focused on drug manufacturing/compounding. I assist firms with compliance measures and help develop more efficient and compliant manufacturing processes.

Did not like working in the retail pharmacy space...it’s for the birds. Now I have the flexibility in my schedule to spend more time on the Benny. I can take business calls while out on the lake and send emails if I need to. I do travel a lot which sucks, but it’s a trade off. I spend more time with the family with a traveling job, then when I was working in a manufacturing facility.

Awesome to see what everyone else does, we are a well rounded group.

Arlington County
Always loved working in Arlington county. Retired from the Metro Transit police in 2012 after 28 yrs. I remember William Stover was Chief for ACPD when I came out. Where do you boat up there? We lived in Fredericksburg and boated on Lake Anna before moving to Lake Norman after retirement.

I change tires for a living. Tell that one to your father...... “I just paid for you to go to college for 4 1/2 years for you to change tires for a living?????” He was none too happy when I told him I was going to work for Discount Tire in 1993. Two years ago when he passed away, his outlook was a little different since I now own a tire business with two locations and have for quite some time. Hoping to go 10 more years and retire at 60. My wife asked what I would do then: I’ll probably find a local small tire shop and be an incredible bargain for them. 3 days a week on the counter for $10/hr.

Always loved working in Arlington County. Retired from the Metro Transit police in 2012 after 28 yrs. I remember William Stover was Chief for ACPD when I came out. Where do you boat up there? We lived in Fredericksburg and boated on Lake Anna before moving to Lake Norman after retirement.
Hi,

Spend my time on Smith Mountain Lake. This is all new to me so for now just like to take it easy and try to reduce the stress my wife seems to have when I try to get into our very narrow slip :)

Hi,

Spend my time on Smith Mountain Lake. This is all new to me so for now just like to take it easy and try to reduce the stress my wife seems to have when I try to get into our very narrow slip :)
Beautiful lake! Been there many times. My brother in law was a Roanoke police officer and we rented a few places there. Just take your time. Practice practice practice! My wife navigates our boat into the slip and I hop off and pull us in the rest of the way. Gets easier the more you do it.....

Back