What does Mercury have up its sleeve?

kaydano

Reaction score
Lots of hype being generated....

Anyone know what's going on?

February 12th is the unveiling....

Maybe a merc version of the f200?

Just saw the discussion on the other thread. Sorry, been in Florida the last week and still catching up.

One of these days they'll get the Internet in Florida.

Ha ha. We had a busy schedule. Hit all the Disney parks. Clearwater Beach too. Main reason for going was my daughter's high school Poms team qualified for nationals. The got 8th place (in the country). Prelims were at Disney, finals were at the ESPN Wide World of Sports. ESPN televises it when there's nothing else important to show. I peeked at the forum a couple times though. Every square inch of Disney has wifi.

How about a 400HP verado pro. Oh heck, make it 475HP. I have been receiving the teaser emails. I have too many hobbies---and they cost me a bunch of money. This could get real expensive real quick. :)

Cheers, Steve

I've seen many guesses of a 400SCi Verado. The teaser video shows inline-6 blocks and 6 firing pulses on the monitor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't think a 400sci from Merc Racing would be worth all the buildup and advertising. They surely have something else more mainstream coming.

I looked into Mercury Marine in Europe, as they've already made some changes over there.

I didn't see any unexpected new earthshattering motors.  They're painting them 3 different colors over there, however.  Maybe new cowlings on 6 cylinder Verados.

Mercury does have a new midline motor up thru 75 hp in 2 strokes.  They've gone to 4 strokes up to 115 hp, however.

Expect the Verado 150 to disappear, as the 150 FourStroke's essentially taken its place at less money and more simplicity.

It looks like there is a 400HP "racing " outboard in white. Seems to be a 400R. Looking forward to more info tomorrow. Saw some sneak peak pictures.

Cheers, Steve

3 hours and 48 minutes until the announcement.

Hmmm.... I would have thought they would have done it at noon

Link, do you wear a digital watch by chance?

10959728_396950937132058_3868626340895475880_n.jpg
936093_423754864457307_32093530456796580_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back