Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

What is your go-to aluminum cleaner?

Discussion in 'Pontoon Forum' started by cyanarella, Oct 8, 2017.

1. cyanarella

cyanarella Well-Known Member

Spent the day cleaning the toons. Hard part of owning these boats. Our lake is so clean but the lake lines always get to me.

What’s your trick?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2017
  2. Link

Link Moderator

I am not a clean toon nut and my toons look pretty good on my 5 year old boat. I think where you boat and how clean your lake has a lot to do with it and we are fortunate with our lake. Occasional blue scratch pad wipe down while boat is in the water. Pressure washer when it comes out in the fall.

3. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Well-Known Member

Your toons look brand new! Nice job! Do you trailer or keep your boat in the water?!?

We try to stay on it! We get in the water at least once a week to clean the waterline and the outdrive. We have a clean lake but "stuff" just accumulates on them. When we first get down to the slip we see the "ring" around the toons. But once we leave the slip and hit that throttle by the time we get where we're going most of the stuff comes off.

I have 3 coats of Sharkhide on the tubes and they relatively protect them. Keeping our boat in the water all summer I know they would look like crap if they weren't protected with Sharkhide. My only complaint is the tubes look pretty crappy BELOW the water line.........

4. Spoiledrotten

Spoiledrotten Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat with you, Link. (no pun intended) My main water way is the Pearl River and the Ross Barnett Reservoir, which is muddy. I would be spinning my wheels, as well as spending a lot of boating time, trying to keep my toons clean. I wash them, watch them stain, watch them clear up after a day of sitting in the water, then rinse and repeat. I keep the top part of my boat clean and neat, because I can, but wouldn't spend the hours cleaning and polishing them to get them the way I've seen some, just isn't going to happen. Those are very beautiful, and would love to see mine like that, but it would last one afternoon.

Link and 1Blderbob like this.