Whats Your Ideal Speed

Too small, can't see it.

Please define "ideal speed,"is this top speed, cruising  speed etc.

Whatever I get out of wide open throttle!

Zero here too.  With a big heavy metal thing tied to a long rope to make SURE I don't accidentally hit 1.

He's cruising at 30 mph at 4500 rpm's.......

I was being sarcastic about the size of the pic and not being able to make it larger.   :D I used a magnifying glass.   B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was being sarcastic about the size of the pic and not being able to make it larger.   :D I used a magnifying glass.   B)

That's how I saw it. How come you couldn't make it larger? You on your phone or IPAD?

So that lever is adjustable! :) I just assumed you push it to the stop every time you want to go forward!!  Just don't tell my wife! ;)  

Yup adjustable........The farther forward it goes the lower your gas gauge goes!

Our normal cruising speed is somewhere between 17-20 mph at roughly 3000-3100 rpm.  Is best combo for us as far as speed and fuel consumption.  Other times you don't care about fuel economy and put the hammer down and skip across the lake at right at 40mph......smiling all the way :D to the fuel docks.

From the Mercury test graphs I've looked a for our 150, there are two max efficiency points. One a little above idle, around 1200 rpms and another just after it rides up on plane which for our boat is about 3000 rpms.  I wish I had the Smartcraft gauges, but they are pricey and I don't have the dash space.  I think I get a little over 5 mpg at both of those points. 

Still prefer zero.

We either cruise at the 1k-2k rpm range or bump it up to 3k to get on plane which is a little over 20mph

20 is too fast lakeliving  :p .  I like slow cruising around 10mph

WOT!! 

20 is too fast lakeliving  :p .  I like slow cruising around 10mph

So full throttle !!! Oooops, sorry, that's me .....   :lol:

Back