Where did you buy your Small Box Anchor?

SnakeByte

Reaction score
Looking to buy one of the small box anchors...wondering where people bought theirs?  Best price?

Looks like they are on:

Amazon (3rd party) ($152 incl. shipping)

Overton's $159 incl. shipping)

SlideAnchor direct ($159 + ? shipping)

Also, I assume a small would be sufficient for my 22SLX?

Based on this, I would probably lean towards Overton's.

Thanks!

Jason\

I have looked at these from amazon and overton also and have wondered how well they would work. Do most boating on river with some lake time.

Overtons has a discount code right now .

Here is the link for it 

https://secure.overtons.com/modperl/early_bird_spring2014.cgi
Thanks  Jack!

That's going to work great because I have other things to get as well.

-Jason

I have looked at these from amazon and overton also and have wondered how well they would work. Do most boating on river with some lake time.
I've heard nothing but good things about this type of anchor, in most all bottom types. They are a bit expensive, but they have two cost saving benefits.

They don't use chain rode and also they only need a 1:2 scope.  Both of these definitely help offset the cost and increase convenience.  Just my thoughts, coming from someone who doesn't even have his boat yet!  But I've done my share of research.

Thanks  Jack!

That's going to work great because I have other things to get as well.

-Jason

I've heard nothing but good things about this type of anchor, in most all bottom types. They are a bit expensive, but they have two cost saving benefits.

They don't use chain rode and also they only need a 1:2 scope.  Both of these definitely help offset the cost and increase convenience.  Just my thoughts, coming from someone who doesn't even have his boat yet!  But I've done my share of research.
You're welcome I believe that it is good until 5/15 

They work very well

I use a small and baby....The baby is to stop the stern from swinging....best anchors I have used

They are fabulous.  In a small cove with other boats, they allow you to get set without a long rope that would let you swing into other boats.  We have a limestone and clay bottom and the anchors have never broke free.  They also don't get stuck on the bottom. We have a small and baby.  Usually use the baby.   They also fold flat which helps with storage.

They are fabulous.  In a small cove with other boats, they allow you to get set without a long rope that would let you swing into other boats.  We have a limestone and clay bottom and the anchors have never broke free.  They also don't get stuck on the bottom. We have a small and baby.  Usually use the baby.   They also fold flat which helps with storage.
Would a baby be sufficient on an inland lake?  Or should I go ahead and get the small?  Won't be tying up or anything, just need to hold our 22SLX in place when we want to just hang out.

Thoughts?

Hey Snakebyte,

I also did a lot of research and bought a small box anchor. I have not used it yet but will soon. I had a gift certificate from Amazon so that is where I got mine.

Marc

Hey Snakebyte,

I also did a lot of research and bought a small box anchor. I have not used it yet but will soon. I had a gift certificate from Amazon so that is where I got mine.

Marc
Hey Marc, thanks for the info.  Guess we'll both be trying them out this summer.  I'm going to go ahead and order a small tonight from Overton's, with their 20% spring discount, it will be $127.  

My dealer told me the anchor is included 

Am I finally getting a break from D E A L E R ??

Didn't anyone else have the anchor included from Bennington 

If I don't get it , you know I will be a tad upset 

brass%20anchor.jpg
41-YzeMZE0L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is also coming from the dealer ,it is a danforth anchor

when purchased mine it did not come with anchor or line but did offer a "discount" off of shelf price. Wish I would have went ahead spend the little extra and got the small box anchor to begin with.

Our first dealer included everything to get on the water, life jackets, throwable, anchor, dock lines. When we sold that boat we kept all of that in case the next one didn't. So I will be all set regardless. Two weeks from today!

Our boat came with everything but an anchor.

We also received danforth anchor, rope, life jackets, throw cushion, and fire extinguisher with the boat.

The danforth anchor doesn't look too impressive (lol)

alldan.jpg

More than likely that is the one I am getting

Some are being sold for 26.00 online 

That is probably why he threw it in (lol)

I really don't have a need for an anchor due to size of lake 

But free is free and life jackets fire extinguishers etc are included

He said I will be coast guard approved after leaving his showroom 

12 Days and Counting 

stock-vector-old-sailor-with-pipe-54911422.jpg

My danforth works fine for me ,I did add a lead chain .

I didn't want sharp metal points or metal edges (figured they'd scratch or rip something) so I went with a rubber/plastic coated "navy" anchor from Gander Mountain. I got a clearance price on it at the end of boating season.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Greenfield-Coated-Navy-15-lb-Anchor-For-Boats-Up-14&i=80595

The one from Gander had the biggest angle between the shaft and the ears of any anchor I had seen at other stores, which makes it far more likely to dig in with less line.  It is pretty heavy ~30 lbs, but works very well in our lake (mud).  My small mushroom is worthless unless it's not windy, and I only use it once in a while to keep the aft from swinging. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back