Where did you buy your Small Box Anchor?

Box anchor is the best. Not waste your money on the rest.

Bennington does not include anchors, jackets, etc. Dealors sell startup kits or could include but it's part of the markup.

A cheap anchor can lead to frustration and ruin your day. These big pontoons with 10 foot awnings catch a lot of wind.

Watch the online prices!

I've been shopping for the Small Slide Box Anchor and Amazon had it for $140! I wrote it down to compare at the end of my hunt! (so that waseven lower than Overton's WITH the discount) . Well, after looking around on other sites I went back to read up on it on Amazon again and it was $154!! (Snakebyte noted $152!)

Amazon must bounce around with prices soooo, if you're in the market maybe keep this in mind!

We have the baby and the small.  Bought both not know how good they work.  Since getting them, I always use the baby.  It holds great. Its easier to retrieve (weighs less)  IF I am in a cove with other boats I will use the small to anchor the stern to keep from swinging.  They store easily in the front corner seats, just watch that they don't hook the speaker wires when pulling them out..  

Watch the online prices!

I've been shopping for the Small Slide Box Anchor and Amazon had it for $140! I wrote it down to compare at the end of my hunt! (so that waseven lower than Overton's WITH the discount) . Well, after looking around on other sites I went back to read up on it on Amazon again and it was $154!! (Snakebyte noted $152!)

Amazon must bounce around with prices soooo, if you're in the market maybe keep this in mind!
Amazon uses many suppliers for different items.

For example the are 6 suppliers  for the "small box anchor " today .

Lowest price starting @ $140.99 .Going to$ 243.32

You also have to watch shipping .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000AXND7/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon uses many suppliers for different items.

For example the are 6 suppliers  for the "small box anchor " today .

Lowest price starting @ $140.99 .Going to$ 243.32

You also have to watch shipping .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000AXND7/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
I would have sworn it was an Amazon item w/free shipping ...BUT...maybe I'm wrong so Jack's post may be a lot more accurate! Either way at least I know the range to be at. Thanks for that link : )

We have the baby and the small.  Bought both not know how good they work.  Since getting them, I always use the baby.  It holds great. Its easier to retrieve (weighs less)  IF I am in a cove with other boats I will use the small to anchor the stern to keep from swinging.  They store easily in the front corner seats, just watch that they don't hook the speaker wires when pulling them out..  
If I'm reading your signature right you have a 25 footer? If so, wonder if the baby is fine for our 22' too? We will mostly use it for fishing, could be out in the middle of the river so needs to hold in current. We thought of getting the small first, but would reconsider.

If I'm reading your signature right you have a 25 footer? If so, wonder if the baby is fine for our 22' too? We will mostly use it for fishing, could be out in the middle of the river so needs to hold in current. We thought of getting the small first, but would reconsider.

We are not anchoring in a current. It has always held in the wind.  We have a limestone and clay lake so there is plenty of rock to grab.   The baby should be fine but if I was only buying one I would get the overkill of the small.

I have the small on my boat and just love it.  Have used it to hold a pair of pontoons in a mild wind.  It held both boats until the wind really started to pick up.

I would recommend getting the small in lieu of the baby.  Considering that pontoon boats have so much surface, you don't want a marginal anchor.

Thanks for all the great info everyone.  This turned out to be a worthwhile thread it seems.

I think going with the small is the way to go as well, I think it's only $20 more, nothing when you're already investing a decent amount into an anchor.

Think I am going to order the Small Box Anchor as well.  But before I do I want to make sure it fits under the seat, specifically one of the smaller seats that are in the corner of the front.  I see the dimensions of the small box is 5 x 9 x 22 but my boat is still in storage an hour away, can someone comment on storing this anchor

Here is a video ,at the end it shows that it folds & stores flat .

I am also wondering about storage .

Think I am going to order the Small Box Anchor as well.  But before I do I want to make sure it fits under the seat, specifically one of the smaller seats that are in the corner of the front.  I see the dimensions of the small box is 5 x 9 x 22 but my boat is still in storage an hour away, can someone comment on storing this anchor
We have a 25' RCW.  I fit both anchors in the right front curved seat.  I fold them flat and the rope goes on top to hopefully dry out. 

Thanks for the response Remediation.  Norman's looking quite comfy, floating around my boat in a tube is one of my favorite relaxing things to do :p

When I bought our box anchors, Overton's did price match and had free shipping.  At the time the manufacturer's web site had the cheapest price.  

When I bought our box anchors, Overton's did price match and had free shipping.  At the time the manufacturer's web site had the cheapest price.  
Which site is that ?

Back