Where do you keep your shoes?! Interesting question

Dmonnny123

Reaction score
So I'm an admitted Neat Freak, and keep our Benny immaculate.

That said, no shoe wearing allowed while on the boat..

This creates an interesting problem.. (Random people's shoes and flip flops everywhere)

To date we've been just keeping the all in the gap between seating on the floor of the port side where side door is... Not only does this look sloppy, but they're always in the way and take up precious room.

Wife suggested perhaps we get a crate or container of some sort and strap down on bow outside of gate. I'm not so sure I like that idea...

Any thoughts or ideas??

Under a seat or under the helm? I'm not a neat freak, but there's no way I'd hang a crate of shoes outside my boat. 

We have shoes that are only worn on the boat ,if we have friends aboard they remove theirs if dirty .

I treat the carpet with 303 Fabric Guard ,and I have a Dewalt Cordless wet/dry

71zWQMtebVL._SL1500_.jpg

Shoes and flip flops stay on the dock.

We keep one of the front couches empty for guest's personal stuff. Shoes, towels, bags, purses, phones, etc.

We keep one of the front couches empty for guest's personal stuff. Shoes, towels, bags, purses, phones, etc.
Pretty much what we do.

Port side = junk     Starboard side = lifejackets

We have a shoe bin on board (public marina, can't leave shoes or anything else on shared docks)

Last edited by a moderator:
While we don't allow orange food items like Cheese curls we pretty much use our boat as we please and don't impose too many rules on guests.  That being said I clean my boat to the max the next morning.  On our forth year and my boat looks brand new

We take ours off and put them behind and somewhat under the helm seat. Out of the way and it doesn't look messy. The extinguishers are there. Make a neat package. I HATE MESSY!

We have a collapsible bin thing that we throw all the shoes in and it sits behind the captains chair.

Thought Derrick was going to say where the snow boots were going to go.......

Flip flops go in between the cooler by the port side door and right behind the lounger that houses the trash can......

I am going to be seeing him in concert this Thursday night in Sioux Falls SD on our way to Iowa City IA for my sis inlaws wedding this coming weekend. My wife and I both love his music.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a collapsible bin thing that we throw all the shoes in and it sits behind the captains chair.
Great minds think alike :) We have a storage container that fits behind the captains chair. Which coincidentially is my favorites seat. It holds all the shoes and if there are too many, we have a tub in the center toon.

If folks are getting on my boat from the ramp or a dock that is clean I have no issues but off shore or the beach all shoes get rinsed along with feet before re-entry onto boat, once on the boat they are usually scattered where ever, my only shoe rules are not on the seats and clean before getting on the boat.

I'm more worried about where they will put my beers.... I clean up after them. I don't allow dripping wet people past the chrome strip on the floor between the rear loungers... That's my pet peeve

Back