Where should I retire with my Benny?

Is anyone familiar with lakes in Texas? We will be retiring from California and will be leaving family and friends here so we are leery of moving so far. I've been looking at lake palestine (on line) We are expecting delivery of our 2375 soon as part of our five year retirement plan. Looking for a house on the lake with a dock.

Here's my goal .... South Carolina, Lake Marion/Moultrie with Cooper River leading to the ICW !!!!

FishAttr.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to be honest, I'm banking on the idea that someone like Gerry or Geewest need a dock boy or yard maintenance fella because they're pics look like a great place to be!! FAR nicer than the crappy weather we have around here!!

Derrick were you born there, moved there once banished from US or moved to there as part of witness protection? :rolleyes:

Haha, It would have been a possibility that in my younger, rowdy non-married years for me to have earned a banishment from the USA, but nope I was born on a couch at a dairy farm! Haha true story! I was given up for adoption and my parents picked me up around Christmas and took me to my home of Thompson. Years later, in an afternoon actually, started and found my birth mother and learned the story of me! Quite amazing I might add. Haha

When/where can we order "The story of Derrick"?

Sounds very interesting. :ph34r:

Haha, the funny thing is I'm a courier and the normal conversation with people usually goes like this; (me) " GOOD MORNING! (I'm usually quite loud) How ya doing today?" to which they usually respond "Good, and how are you?" to which I will often say,"If I was any better they'd write a book about me! Yup, I can see it now, How To Be Like Me" it has yet to not get a chuckle out of them! That's what it's all about, brightening their day a little! :D

Now that's funny! :lol:

Bamaman...it's always best to not discuss politics or religion on the lake! Keeps me out of trouble anyway...at least on those wu subjects. Steve

I have to be honest, I'm banking on the idea that someone like Gerry or Geewest need a dock boy or yard maintenance fella because they're pics look like a great place to be!! FAR nicer than the crappy weather we have around here!!
I'm with you Derrick!

Haha, It would have been a possibility that in my younger, rowdy non-married years for me to have earned a banishment from the USA, but nope I was born on a couch at a dairy farm! Haha true story! I was given up for adoption and my parents picked me up around Christmas and took me to my home of Thompson. Years later, in an afternoon actually, started and found my birth mother and learned the story of me! Quite amazing I might add. Haha
We adopted our son at birth. By FAR the best decision we have ever made. I hope he turns out like you Derrick. He's well on his way toward that - Always happy and funny and just plain awesome to have around. Makes us laugh all the time.

I really hope he doesn't wind up with your luck though!

Now that's funny! :lol:
Ditto!

They need to simply get rid of both parties. To much "party line" stuff being put ahead of doing the right thing. If they abolished both parties, each senator or rep would have to stand on his own merits, and voters would have to better understand who they are voting for and why. I KNOW this would never happen, but it needs to in order to eliminate the "party line voting" on everything. Okay, enough politics. I probably shouldn't've even posted this...

We adopted our son at birth. By FAR the best decision we have ever made. I hope he turns out like you Derrick. He's well on his way toward that - Always happy and funny and just plain awesome to have around. Makes us laugh all the time.

I really hope he doesn't wind up with your luck though!
I am pretty great aren't I. Haha I always bug my twin brother and sister, tell them "hey mom and dad just got whatever popped out with you guys, they CHOSE me!" hehe

I'm lucky, I wound up living a great life with great parents, they never kept it a secret that I was adopted and were always supportive of me if I ever wanted to find my birth mother. That helped a lot. How old is your son?

Bamaman...it's always best to not discuss politics or religion on the lake! Keeps me out of trouble anyway...at least on those wu subjects. Steve
I'm not talking about Democrats as in politicians. I'm talking about democrats, a group of people.

I have a friend from Hemingway, SC, and he calls the vast majority of the population of his county "democrats."

Is anyone familiar with lakes in Texas? We will be retiring from California and will be leaving family and friends here so we are leery of moving so far. I've been looking at lake palestine (on line) We are expecting delivery of our 2375 soon as part of our five year retirement plan. Looking for a house on the lake with a dock.
Search Granbury, Texas, 45 southwest of Ft. Worth and 90 miles southwest of Dallas. We've owned a mainbody home here for years and love it! Small historic town, but close enough to drive to the big cities. We use our Bennington year round and our ski boat March thru October. Currently, lakeside homes are at their lowest prices in years due to the 2008 home market recession. But, Texas is doing quite well economically now and values will be going up soon. Several local golf courses and a very good hospital. No state income taxes in Texas. Search Ft. Worth also for all the great dining and local events. The Arts are very important to the area.

Back