Who’s your favorite singers/Bands? Let’s see your systems! Play an instrument???? Show it off!!

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m talking about! I’d also add Randall King, Craig Morgan, Randy Rogers Band, Jamey Johnson and Kaitlin Butts, to name a few. I’ve only just discovered Red Dirt and I can’t seem to get enough. It’s a whole different country!
Saw Craig Morgan last weekend at an outdoor concert here.....

Going to a high school in Maryland right outside of DC and near the Capital Centre Arena (where the Washington Bullets/Wizards, Washington Capitals, used to play) I've seen so many musical acts of all genres thanks to friends that worked for the food vendor of the Capital Centre. They got tickets to whoever they/I wanted to see before they went on sale to the public. This is the reason why my musical tastes are so diverse and wide! My 1st concert was the Doobie brothers followed by Elton John. Then we would go see Lionel Richie and the Commodores, Parliament Funkadelic, Kool and the gang and Earth Wind and fire. We saw Aerosmith, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Boston, Peter Frampton, Led Zeppelin, Rod Stewart, Pink Floyd, Bad Company, Springsteen, Diana Ross, the Spinners, Santana, David Sanborn, Kenny G, Eagles and so many more!!! So you see it would be hard for me to pick a favorite band or type of music! If I had the money I spent on all of the concert tickets I bought back in the day I might have a Q like Jack! Ha!

From 1968 to 73 ,I got all of my tickets from record distributors . I also had a relative that worked at a venue .

Going to a high school in Maryland right outside of DC and near the Capital Centre Arena (where the Washington Bullets/Wizards, Washington Capitals, used to play) I've seen so many musical acts of all genres thanks to friends that worked for the food vendor of the Capital Centre. They got tickets to whoever they/I wanted to see before they went on sale to the public. This is the reason why my musical tastes are so diverse and wide! My 1st concert was the Doobie brothers followed by Elton John. Then we would go see Lionel Richie and the Commodores, Parliament Funkadelic, Kool and the gang and Earth Wind and fire. We saw Aerosmith, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Boston, Peter Frampton, Led Zeppelin, Rod Stewart, Pink Floyd, Bad Company, Springsteen, Diana Ross, the Spinners, Santana, David Sanborn, Kenny G, Eagles and so many more!!! So you see it would be hard for me to pick a favorite band or type of music! If I had the money I spent on all of the concert tickets I bought back in the day I might have a Q like Jack! Ha!
Wow, I’m simply in awe!

As someone who is always less fond of the radio fare, From The Inside is an album to sit down with the lyrics and appreciate the brilliance in the writing. Bernie Taupin helped pen much of that album. The tale is that every song inspired by a different patient in the hospital he was drying out in. I'm not saying it's his best work, but it is easily the most under-rated album in the catalogue!

I recently asked my 91 year old mother if she ever listened to the lyrics of the music I listened to as a child. She said "no". I just laughed and said "well that's probably good". I would imagine it might worry a parent of an 8 year old singing along to a song celebrating necrophilia!

My singer: Prince
Band: The Cranberries
We lost a good one when Delores passed

Honorable Mentions. Rod Stewart and Styx or Pink Floyd
We've seen Styx multiple times, always a solid show!
Saw Floyd at the Metrodome for The Division Bell tour. That experience will never be topped. Would trade every other concert I've seen to see that again!

I like your taste in music!

I had tickets for Alice Cooper back in college. If I remember the concert was cancelled due to him getting injured. Then the date was not made up. Actual ticket cost was refunded, but we got stiffed on Ticketmaster/venue type fees which were not refunded due to being a “sunk cost”. Not sure what stung more…not getting to see Alice Cooper or not getting a full refund since I was putting myself through college and money was tight. I bet it would have been a great show.

I LOVE!!!! George Thorogood. Him in a smaller bar venue would be outstanding!!! His music just consistently has that vibe.

He was scheduled to play Kewadin in the Sault. 1500 seats . My biggest regret about living so far up is the is the lack of concerts here.

Since I'm from Chicago, I have to say Chicago for rock (Terry Kath on guitar) before Kath shot himself, and Kenny Burrell for jazz. I still play in a 22 piece jazz band, The Barrister's Big Band. Here's one of my many guitars:

Attachments

• 20170630_163857.jpg
    20170630_163857.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1
Guitar - Paul Reed Smith?

Terry Kath was a fantastic guitarist. Sad how he passed. I’ve got an acoustic guitar signed by Chicago (Except Kath & Cetera). I do have a CD signed by Cetera though.

Back