Who’s your favorite singers/Bands? Let’s see your systems! Play an instrument???? Show it off!!

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
My singer: Prince
Band: The Cranberries

Honorable Mentions. Rod Stewart and Styx or Pink Floyd

My retro green drum set. IMG_0884.jpeg

Last edited:
The Rolling Stones, Van Halen.

Singer ,I'll have to think about that one for a while .

Hard to narrow down. My musical taste is so mood or activity dependent. However, my go to ever since the 80’s and high school has always been…

Band: Metallica :cool:
Singer: James Hatfield - I guess sticking with the band I fall back too him, but I don’t think I have a real favorite here.

My main musical interests range from 80’s to current pop & dance, to rock/hard rock, perhaps what I think of as kind of a edgy rock or bar room rock, to alternative rock, to 80’s-90’s rock, and finally, obviously given my favorite goto above - heavy metal. Thus, I say Metallica above lightly and only because they are a go to that has stayed in the game over time with great hard core depth of sound.

I also enjoy jazz and classical if in the right mood or situation, and I’ve been known to tolerate some country, particularly if it is more of a country-rock sound. ;)

I'm a Classic Rock guy and HUGE Queen fan. I've got LOTS of signed stuff. Any time I can show off my Pearl Masterworks kit I will. Masterworks is Pearl's highest end kit and every one is custom-made to order. I custom ordered this kit to my specs. It's one of one and Pearl's last kit with satin hardware...

Pearl Masterworks 1.jpegPearl Masterworks 2.jpegSigned Queen Album.jpeg

I like just about all music, as VikingStaff noted - it's all about the mood. Most recently introduced to Australian HipHop - BlissNEsso (Family Affair), HilltopHoods (Nosebleed section) - the lyrics are amazing - don't like most of it, but some great gems!. Of course classic rock is the go-to for us "old folk", though on the Benny we tend to like country and Sunday mornings it's classical. But during my last year of college, a buddy took me to a Grateful Dead concert - racked up 115 shows before Jerry passed, another 90 plus after including cover bands, headed to what probably will the last 3 official concerts in July in San Francisco! Music - it makes everything better!!!!! I can't play or sing, but someone has to dance..... Edit: Added pictures of their "final" show in San Francisco.

Attachments

• 2015-06-27 19.57.35.jpg
    2015-06-27 19.57.35.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 2015-06-27 20.36.48.jpg
    2015-06-27 20.36.48.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 2015-06-27 20.40.20.jpg
    2015-06-27 20.40.20.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 2023-07-15 18.13.28.jpg
    2023-07-15 18.13.28.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2023-07-16 21.34.37.jpg
    2023-07-16 21.34.37.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2023-07-16 22.37.32.jpg
    2023-07-16 22.37.32.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Played Guitar way back in the 80's and early 90's. I've been trying to teach my daughter to play a bit as she asked for/ got one last Christmas. My old fingers don't bend like they use to. HAHAHHA

I think they spend more time on her wall then in her hands. Oh well.

I love country music but my favorite band in the world would be Rush (RIP Neal). Think my favorite singer is Gordon Lightfoot (RIP)
1687135724058.jpeg

I was a huge Boston fan in my high school days late '70's! Wish they were a bit quicker putting out records though, RIP Brad Delp.
Also liked Fleetwood Mac! My biggest music dilema is when I was younger I despised Steely Dan, today I want to go back and slap my younger self! I was missing something!

I was raised on classic rock (before it was called classic) but my musical tastes have expanded over the years, which my play lists will reflect. That said, I’m currently into what I would call western country emanating from Texas and Oklahoma and parts there of. Here in Michigan, you only find Nashville country, so to me it’s a whole new genre.

Saw both Sammy live, and Van Halen back in H.S. & College. Sammy also ”crashed” a Metallica concert I went to in Detroit in the late 80’s or early 90’s. Him on stage rocking out with Metallica…that is a memory!!!

I saw Van Halen twice. Fair Warning and 1984 Tours. Both times DLR was so drunk he forgot the words. The rest of the band was great, he was quite obnoxious and rude.

My uncle was the building superintendent at the hotel they stayed at in Detroit for the 1984 tour. The entire floor they were on had to be remodeled.

VH - “Jump” takes me back to my “A school” in Memphis, fresh out of USMC boot camp. Great memories. :)
Eddie was the master of the electric guitar. :eek:

... I’m currently into what I would call western country emanating from Texas and Oklahoma and parts there off. Here in Michigan, you only find Nashville country, so to me it’s a whole new genre.
I suspect you're talking about some of my favorites. Some call this Americana. Music from the region you talk about specifically has recently been dubbed Red Dirt music.

Robert Earl Keen (my gateway drug to all things Americana)
James McMurtry
Steve Earl
Hayes Carll
Turnpike Troubadours
John Fullbright
Ryan Bingham

Saw both Sammy live, and Van Halen back in H.S. & College. Sammy also ”crashed” a Metallica concert I went to in Detroit in the late 80’s or early 90’s. Him on stage rocking out with Metallica…that is a memory!!!
Wow, what a great memory! I like to say, timing is everything in life…

I suspect you're talking about some of my favorites. Some call this Americana. Music from the region you talk about specifically has recently been dubbed Red Dirt music.

Robert Earl Keen (my gateway drug to all things Americana)
James McMurtry
Steve Earl
Hayes Carll
Turnpike Troubadours
John Fullbright
Ryan Bingham
Yes, that’s exactly what I’m talking about! I’d also add Randall King, Craig Morgan, Randy Rogers Band, Jamey Johnson and Kaitlin Butts, to name a few. I’ve only just discovered Red Dirt and I can’t seem to get enough. It’s a whole different country!

Back