Who has open water?

Good thing is this year with the ice, they stayed off the docks. Last year it was horrible it was EVERYWHERE !!!

What a difference a couple of hours makes!!!

imagejpg1_zps55c9f236.jpg

imagejpg2_zps2580bf37.jpg

Andy, truly 2 hours?  That is amazing

Our end of the lake had about 500' of open water from shore at lunch time. I just came home to this as the loose ice blew into the North shore. It won't be another couple days and we're clear (I hope!).

As of yesterday all ice is gone. Watched an osprey dive bomb into the water yesterday and right now we have a pair of loons swimming and now flying together.

Livin' the dream....

105453795.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words

105453783.jpg

Pictures taken today 

Lake has been thawed since end of March

Last edited by a moderator:
Now there are 3 loons....never had that many at one time.

I just snapped this off as the sun set this evening.  So nice to see open water.

gallery_300_298_957641.jpg

If we had that much open ,we would have taken delivery .

Dock is going in this weekend. Then the lift as soon as it comes in.

All these pictures is making me jealous.  I think a trip to the marina is in for tomorrow.  I was there last week and everything was still solid ice.  Hopefully with this week of 50+ degree weather has melted it away.  

Same here RReaume, was planning on working around the house but just might run up to the lake to see what's going on with the expected 60 degree weather

Woke up this morning and all the ice is off now! Don't worry guys, I sent the heat your way.

Send it up in a hurry ,they are calling for snow on Monday .

gallery_5260_528_621061.jpg
tn_gallery_5260_528_621061.jpg

Still Ice in the marina another few weeks. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed your pic for ya.

Oh so close now ...

I couldn't resist so I got the 50ft of dock in today. Now I'm just waiting for the lift to be delivered.

I couldn't resist so I got the 50ft of dock in today. Now I'm just waiting for the lift to be delivered.
You're inspiring me but I have ~200' of heavy dock and a herniated disc in my lower back, with no helpers around yet this time of year :(

After multiple days of 60 degree weather I was hoping that our lake made some headway to summer so Kathy and I drove up to the camp to see.  Our lake looked like Rreaume pix, still choked with ice and the water level has not reached our docks yet, we wont be boating till mid May.  We started opening up the camp and then just sat outside in the sun which was nice and warm but after seeing that ice very disappointed :(

Back