Who has open water?

My place isn't on the lake proper but instead one of five channels which are probably 60-80 feet wide, 5-6 feet deep and maybe a 1/4 mile long.  The beauty of that setup is the channels are too narrow to get any serious ice bergs from the melt off so I can leave pier and shorestation in the water year around.  I am too old to haul things in and out each year.  I wish I had the view but every fall and spring I am willing to trade the view for reduced maintenance and effort. :)

Docks went in this morning - yea!

Our lake is like Motel 6, always open and we'll leave a light on for ya.       :p

I am surprised some smart ass from Florida hasn't chimed in.  No ICE Here. :)
Um, well, at least we have no gators or poisonous snakes ;-)

the lake is still really low and have fingers crossed they will have it filled by memorial day its a man made lake I am starting to think I should have bought a trailer instead of building new dock ohh the pain

Our lake is still low too, the TVA started bringing it up to full pool on 3/15, 27 ft increase so far with 28 to go. Plenty of water in the lake though even at the winter level---minimum 135 ft at the upper end in the channel, and 435 ft at the dam. I have to have at least 100 ft of rope at the stern even to anchor in a cove!

Um, well, at least we have no gators or poisonous snakes ;-)
I actually think gators are cool and they pretty much leave you alone, unless you are a yappy poodle.  Water Moccasins that is a different story.

I don't swim in the gulf or lakes here, as I try to just use my Sister-in-Law's pool.  I do have to bring my own booze though.

I actually think gators are cool and they pretty much leave you alone, unless you are a yappy poodle.  Water Moccasins that is a different story.

I don't swim in the gulf or lakes here, as I try to just use my Sister-in-Law's pool.  I do have to bring my own booze though.
Ha, yes I'm good with the cement pond thing too!

When is the lift going in Tom?

When is the lift going in Tom?
Not sure, just waiting to hear back from them. They're a month behind getting piers and lifts in, really busy now that the ice is gone.

I wish we lived on a lake with restaurants you could boat too. Your living the dream Carl!

Carl ,I see you have the PTM . I got one for Christmas never had a  chance to install it on last years model .

Good Luck today ,also .

I wish we lived on a lake with restaurants you could boat too. Your living the dream Carl!
We have some that are only minutes away by car ,the closest one by boat is over a 3 hours ride because there  is about a 7- 10 miles stretch that is all no wake .Nice ride though.

You'll be mr big wallet docking that rocked out r at the restaurant Jack. It will turn heads for sure.

Yeah I would love to have a place on our chain of lakes to pull up at to eat.  That's one nice thing about towing the Bennington up to some of the lakes in Northern Michigan.  I absolutely love doing that.  Last summer we took it up to Torch Lake and drove the boat all the way to Elk Rapids and parked it at a public marina there and then walked into town and had lunch.  Walked around town some more before heading back.  Good stuff.

You'll be mr big wallet docking that rocked out r at the restaurant Jack. It will turn heads for sure.
Thanks ,Andy .

Bad thing is we don't like to leave our dog that long and he is getting too old to take with us .

But first ,the ice has to melt ,and we are still expecting snow today .

Still ice? Ouch. I put a thermometer off the dock and it said the water was 50 degrees already. Not sure on how accurate that is.

Back