Wide range of fuel prices.....

Not sure why the marinas on my lake either don't or wont carry the ethanol-free.  I am committed to ethanol free for my Benny but I hate carrying the 5 gallon cans

Cans are strictly prohibited at my Marina. 

We can use cans at our marina as long as you have a pump.  That doesn't mean you can use an old 5 gallon can and a funnel to fill your boat.....they frown on that method.

We have a flo-n-go on a 5 gallon can and another can to haul 10 gallons at a time to the boat if we need to on a busy holiday weekend.   It works pretty well as long as you vent the can (new style cans don't do that very well) so I modified mine new can with a chrome valve stem with the core removed as a vent.

My modified can:

100_0342_zpsaccf7a5f.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Flo-08338-MaxFlo-Siphon-Pump/dp/B003TG9J36

We are at our association dock and can fuel; I use the super jiggler that I learned about from this forum.  I love it as it works so well and never spill anything like I did once using a funnel

My initial fill up on Lake Norman was at $3.19 a gallon about a month ago.......filled up yesterday at the same marina.......$3.89. Welcome to summer!

I have a 52 gallon tank. It was reading roughly 1/4 tank and it took 38 gallons. So at least I know that the gauge is somewhat accurate.......

One of the local landscapers here have a product called the G Can,

http://gcan.com/

He absolutely loves it! My dad wants one but so far they are out of stock. Quite a bit of technology put into it for a gas can, apparently they are currently working to get it approved in the US. Oh, and they are freaking expensive! 

I can buy an awful lot of 5 gal cans for $239.00  !

Just paid $3.69 ,90 octane ,NO Corn ,on the street .

Forgot to mention ,A friend just paid over $600 to have his carbs rebuilt ( 75 hp Merc) because of ethanol .His fault too, he doesn't treat it .

Several years ago, I forgot to treat the last ethanol gas of the season.  In the spring, the engine would not start.  Mechanic found algae growing in the fuel bowls. 

Back