Will this winter ever end? I have a new Benny to enjoy!!

We have a few days in a row of 60's coming up and some rain. Only 3 more full Saturdays without the boat!

Only a matter of time Jack !!! It will be here before you know it ....... Just use this one longer than the initial break-in before trading ...... Lol !!!!!!
I hope ,this started by showing my wife a picture of an Arch model  last December .

Raining now with heavy fog ,"supposed " to turn to rain later . :mellow:

Is that a 27 with snow showers on Tuesday 

WTH ?

Lets get into the 70s and stay there till June

Sun

partly_cloudy.png

81°

61°

Mon

rain_s_cloudy.png

72°

46°

Tue

rain_light.png

48°

27°

Last edited by a moderator:
Fog has lifted ,rain has stopped .Sure hope they are wrong about the snow .

It won't stick, don't worry.

I just went outside ,its going to have to cool down quite a bit for it to snow .

Just another case of the weatherman being wrong .

I hope we stay above 35 

Trees are budding

Grass is beginning to look good 

Not in the mood for the cold or the snow

We had over 5 feet this year 

Average isn't even 3

An amazing weekend

For a community Easter Egg Hunt

105619600.jpg

Enjoyed by all age groups

Children, Parents and Grandparents

It is pouring rain currently as long as temp stays above 32 I should be OK .A lot of flooding elsewhere. 

Snow on the ground this morning ,how much ,I am not sure .

Everything is white here too. I'm so sick of this shi!

I am sure we broke the record up here too ,previous was 183.9 .We were at 183.4 .It snowed all day yesterday nothing stuck until after dark . Not sure how they count that .Have an inch or so on the ground now . 

This is our Local Lighthouse ,Lake Michigan ,Little Traverse Bay .

Actually we do not boat there .By car it is 7 miles .By boat it would be a few days .

Our Marina is on Crooked lake ( part of the Inland Waterway)then up the Crooked River to Burt Lake ,then the Indian River to Mullett Lake ,to the Cheboygan River to Lake Huron ,Once at Lake Huron make a left go under the Mackinac bridge ,You re now in Lake Michigan . Then follow the shoreline south about 70 miles .

Actually we do not boat there .By car it is 7 miles .By boat it would be a few days .

Our Marina is on Crooked lake ( part of the Inland Waterway)then up the Crooked River to Burt Lake ,then the Indian River to Mullett Lake ,to the Cheboygan River to Lake Huron ,Once at Lake Huron make a left go under the Mackinac bridge ,You re now in Lake Michigan . Then follow the shoreline south about 70 miles .

We towed our Bennington up to Indian River July 2011 with 2 other couples.  Wow what a GREAT trip that was.  Put in on South Burt Lake there.....drove the boat into Indian River, under I-75 and finally out to Mullet Lake where we anchored and swam there on the southeast corner of that lake.  Then the winds came up a little and that's when I was happy I had a tritoon because navigating the length of that to the north end would have been quite challenging otherwise.  We then anchored near where the Cheyboygan River connects at the north end for a while.  Then took the river all the way to the locks and on to the other side and then continued to Lake Huron and managed enough courage to go out into Lake Huron until the first channel marker and swam briefly just to say we did it.  I got a little nervous when the first swell happend so out of deep respect for the great lakes I went back into the river and docked at the marina right there.  The owners of a motel we stayed at in Cheboygan came to marina and took us back to the motel where we stayed overnight.  They brought us back (free) the next morning where we then took the boat all the way back to where we started in Burt Lake then took that lake all the way to the far northeast corner and had dinner at a place there (can't remember the name).  Then proceeded half-way down the west side of Burt Lake and went about 200 yards into the Crooked River as if we were going to your place Jack.  Then came back out and watched the sun set, drove back to the south end and took the boat out.  What a FABULOUS trip that we WILL do again one day

Keith 

Sounds like a perfect time

Boat memories are great memories 

While living in Manhattan 

I realized every story I told revolved around this lake 

and the jet boat we had at the time

Couldn't leave the concrete jungle fast enough

%24_35.JPG

May 1st isn't coming soon enough (lol)

Back