Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

So...crazy awesome!

So...crazy awesome!
Dont get too excited Andy ,I just saw that the predictions are  right only 39% of the time .But I'll take it .

We "supposedly " have another storm coming this afternoon into Wednesday.  

I read the 39% accuracy rate earlier and didn't want to pee on the parade. Spring is a mental state for me. The days are staying bright longer, birds are chirping, snow has melted, ice is not safe to be on.....spring is coming!!!

Our local paper  today says  that we have already got 78.9 inches of snow this season  . Knock on wood ,but it is a lot less at our house .

We don't have snow on the ground here. Very minimal snow fall this year aside from the day we got 17" in one day...

Record setting blizzard last week. Today? Flood warnings and 57 degrees????? WTH?? That's ok, I'll take the rain and snow melt. At least the lake should top off now. It was still down around 3 feet from max last week.

3 feet down ?

We had been down in the past but I dont believe it was that much .

It took a few years to get back to normal .

We didn't get much from the storm last night may 4 inches .

I just had to go brush off the dish ,its raining now, snow is Heavy .

It was nice on my drive to work this morning. 50 degrees. It is supposed to come down but still be above freezing for another week. bye bye ice!

I know a bee keeper that said (a couple of days ago) his bees are already getting active and coming out of the hive.  That's promising.

In todays newspaper they said that in Vermont they are forced to getting an early start and have begun tapping the trees

Last edited by a moderator:
We are just starting to get ready to tap our trees .

Since I have been tapping ( about 8-9 years )  the earliest we have tapped is February 16th .

Damn cold down here today and tomorrow. So much for El Nino. More like El-freeze your jewels off o.

Damn cold down here today and tomorrow. So much for El Nino. More like El-freeze your jewels off o.
Its up here too.

We have wind chill advisories until Saturday afternoon .

Long range starting late next week looks good 

Eating luck with my daughter today. They just announced over the intercom no recess due to cold temps... wimps!

Eating luck with my daughter today. They just announced over the intercom no recess due to cold temps... wimps!
Coming from the guy that probably has his tongue stuck to the flag pole right now!

Back