YOUR pontoon ideas!

• Thread starter Retired Team Member1
  • Start date
Please find a high end coating for the aluminum pontoons...the best built boats on teh lake have the worst looking toons with the oxidation...the JCs and the Premier have a much nicer looking tubes 3-4 years in.

How about a electric or Hydraulic Ladder Lift? Just being lazy, but I would never drive around with the ladder down again! (wife says it's a pain to raise the ladder)

RiverBill

How about a electric or Hydraulic Ladder Lift? Just being lazy, but I would never drive around with the ladder down again! (wife says it's a pain to raise the ladder)

RiverBill
Lol- 1st time out with my new boat and family. Late in the afternoon, cleaning up to head to our private slip.

Kids in- check, tubes, ropes, and toys- check

Ladder- reach over to lift and pull it in, I pull, and head first I go. Splash. Nothing else to do but laugh.

So yes, I would pay for that option

RiverBill
What I want to know is how you get your WIFE to raise the ladder???

First Mate does what the Admiral says! LoL

Last one out of the water pulls the ladder up!

RiverBill

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. This one is for Team Bennington. Why don't you make a Mini Q? I like my boats 22' length but, all the ammenities of a "Q" would be awsome.

We are new to the Toon. We have a 2012 2575 RCW I/0. It is a beautiful work of art but i wish their was place built into the helm for small storage like, wallet, phone and any other little item. Another idea is the rail around the rear loungers......... there should be 1 or 2 more rails in between the top and bottom. The wife even thinks that a adult could slide between them not to mention a little kid. We just made it a rule that the kids can't sit their while we are moving. Just a couple ideas.

Have the flag holder that's located on the stern starboard side be somewhere else (up on the railing so it's higher or on the port side). I dock my boat on that side and what a pain in the butt to get on and off the boat with that flag there. Unsafe really.

They can do this! I have a 2275 GCW with a custom front that has the 2 CPTs chairs ect. If I had to do it again, I would have them do 4 CPTS chairs. I will add pic as soon as I figure out how. Everything I ordered, they made happen and the boat showed up perfect!

Have the flag holder that's located on the stern starboard side be somewhere else (up on the railing so it's higher or on the port side). I dock my boat on that side and what a pain in the butt to get on and off the boat with that flag there. Unsafe really.
Hi keithkz. I noticed that on a couple boats I saw on dealers websites, and mentioning to Bennington that the starboard location was in the way of the boarding ladder, etc. , I found out that the flags are a dealer installed item. My flag came in unmounted and I had the dealer install it on a bracket on the RCW tubing, port side. Know exactly what you are talking about. Believe the dealer did the flag mounting on yours. I also preferred the teak decking with the ivory accent and Bennington changed that for me as well . (they said originally only the black accent teak was available with Granite panels) SFC J is correct, in my experience Bennington is very flexible. Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerry, I finally recognized who I was going to send parts to! My wife "straightened up" my area at the computer and I lost your info. Please re-send and I will do as I said. Thanks, Steve

Team Bennington:

Since Bennington has brought pontoons to the sporting arena of water activities, how about a nice quality, quick connect rearview mirror that attaches to the bimini frame. Most users have the top up when towing skiers and tubers, so a mirror that quickly attaches to the frame would be a welcome addition. It would be a safety improvement also, how many toons have you seen towing with the driver looking back over their shoulder checking line slack and the skier/tuber? Thanks, Steve

New member, ordering 20 SL for spring delivery (it's gonna be a looooong winter), but just a thought. Can you make the front gate swing OUT, instead of in.

Swinging in, people sitting at the front have to move out of the way for the gate to open. Also noticed the gap on the port side rear lounger where 2 bases come together.

Would look much cleaner with some kind of filler in that gap. You do make awesome toons though, I could have bought others "cheaper" but my dealer , F&S Yamaha,

had so many models to look at, that right away we saw the quality difference. Can't wait till spring 2013 !!!!

Smitty

I'd like to see the Bimini top be able to be in the open position and have the playpen cover be able to be installed. Have the same cut outs and velcro like they have it in the "back" position

I'd like to see the Bimini top be able to be in the open position and have the playpen cover be able to be installed. Have the same cut outs and velcro like they have it in the "back" position
What ???? Please re-state your request, with different words.

Can do.

I'd like to be able to leave my Bimini top open and still be able to put the playpen cover on. The way the playpen cover is designed, it can only be put on when the Bimini top is in its folded position. There are no cut outs or flaps for the front legs of the Bimini top when it is in its open position. I always have to fold the Bimini top back to cover the boat

That would have been a life saver for me today! I was cussing at the sun for being so hot when I was trying to put my cover on. I wish I could've left the bimini up until I was done.

I'm still hoping for a power reclining lounger so one can lay flat on their back or stomach.

If you want to be know as the premiere pontoon builder, just do all the little things right. I had a 2010 Crest with a brand new trailer. After 1year I traded it in for a 2250 rcw. During the year I had the Crest the carpet on my trailer bunks never ripped. The first time the Bennington was put on the trailer it started to rip the bunk carpet. A year later and the carpet has been shredded and it is very difficult to unload my boat because it gets hung up while snagging. It seems my old toon manufacturer had removed all the weld splatter and sharp edges and Bennington didn't.

If you want to be know as the premiere pontoon builder, just do all the little things right. I had a 2010 Crest with a brand new trailer. After 1year I traded it in for a 2250 rcw. During the year I had the Crest the carpet on my trailer bunks never ripped. The first time the Bennington was put on the trailer it started to rip the bunk carpet. A year later and the carpet has been shredded and it is very difficult to unload my boat because it gets hung up while snagging. It seems my old toon manufacturer had removed all the weld splatter and sharp edges and Bennington didn't.
Agree about the weld splatter! Cleaning the toons last week, I ripped a few holes in the hands while swimming around and cleaning them. They look like little dots, but they really catch the skin!

Back