2014 BENNINGTON SL21 Headlight bulb replacement to LED

corvetteboy

Reaction score
Can someone help me out. I have a SL21 with the oval style glass headlights. I'm wanting to change them to LED does anyone know what number headlight it uses? toswitch to LED?10492424_663574450385822_8614021892591731063_n.jpg

I just asked the same question and your post came up.. lol Did you ever find a bulb for your boat? I am looking to do the same to mine.. Thanks

They are H3 bulbs, I have not looked for compatible LED bulbs yet as I have spare bulbs.

Contact the Manufacture. Just replacing the bulb may work but you may also invalidate the use of the light as a navigational light. I thought it was as simple as you want to do but just found that info online not that I believe everything online but worth looking further before just replacing the bulb. Maybe Bennington can sell the entire Stainless LED Navigational lights?

Contact the Manufacture. Just replacing the bulb may work but you may also invalidate the use of the light as a navigational light.

I believe the original poster was asking about replacing the bulb in his docking lights. He called them headlights, but they are not headlights. They are also not navigational lights, so changing them to LED would have no affect on his navigational lights. In my state (and I believe most others), you are only permitted to use your docking lights while docking. Many rookies think they are headlights and turn them on in open water. This night blinds anyone close and is the most assured way to get pulled over by law enforcement at night on our lake.

I believe the original poster was asking about replacing the bulb in his docking lights. He called them headlights, but they are not headlights. They are also not navigational lights, so changing them to LED would have no affect on his navigational lights. In my state (and I believe most others), you are only permitted to use your docking lights while docking. Many rookies think they are headlights and turn them on in open water. This night blinds anyone close and is the most assured way to get pulled over by law enforcement at night on our lake.
YES! I hate those people. Docking lights are for docking - and it's impossible to tell them otherwise. Grrr.

Thanks. Sorry I guess I was just eager to share my new gained knowledge!

One of my BIGGEST peeves about other boaters.... those who use ‘headlights’ in open water. Plus, those who don’t run at night with nav lights... and those who use nav lights at anchor. SMH. Take a boating course! :cool:

Back