2022 Q - it's finally gonna happen!

Nada. The excuse is always too wet or too cold, but you are number 1 on the list. Told us that two weeks ago, then we had 10 dry days and record warmth. I've had enough.
Check with someone else about timing and price. The price may be a good bit higher and that might be why the original guy is dragging his feet.

I know your pain but you have to remember, Bennington wants to get your boat to you and close this transaction, that’s when the money comes in. All businesses are being hurt by shortages of labor, materials and unprecedented demand. It may seem like rep is lying but he can only give information that he gets. It maybe best guesses given to him from suppliers and when information is passed along it always gets twisted. From my limited experience with Bennington the employees wouldn’t lie, after all what good would that do them? It would only catch up with them. In my job people would accuse us of lying but I never did and learned to tell folks that I was simply passing along what I know at the time and I promise to give more info as I get it. Still folks would never believe it, if I could get them to calm down and listen I would ask, how would I benefit from lying, only then they would believe it. Dealer would probably be happy to cancel order to you and resell a boat that may only be a few weeks away at a higher price. Try to talk to rep and apologize and make him a solid ally
Yea, I hear you. He made the mistake a couple months ago of setting an expectation, and the latest delay pushed it past that expectation. His response was to say that they never set expectations - that's what irritated me. I didn't mouth off to him after, but did vent my frustration with the dealer nicely. I never even responded to his message, and I won't be apologizing to him. I realize if I back out someone else will get the boat at a higher price so that's good for everyone but me. This is a my second Benny, and I went through a lot of this on my first Benny when it got delayed 5 months back in 2016 due to the new seat fabric. At that point they didn't even tell me it would be delayed and I sold my boat the week it was supposed to arrive. Both Bennington and the dealer made that right with me and I was happy. When I started this process and ordered last May, I was told that wouldn't happen again and I'd have a new boat by Sept. So this frustration has had a long time to build. I have a great boat, and don't "need" a new one. With multiple delays and things getting damaged at the factory during assembly, I'm just getting to the point where I'd just assume keep this one rather than continue dealing with the frustration. But, if I was to get the call today saying it's built and will be here in two weeks, I think my world would be a brighter place and all the aggravation would just melt away. So I guess I'm just venting LOL. Sorry for the rant!

Is another contractor available?
I had one ready to grade the site and prepare for the pad, in January, but the building contractor's concrete guy wanted to do it all, because he "knew what he wanted, knew how to do it, and had all the equipment to do it with." I guess I shouldn't have caved to his begging. We thought turnkey would be easier.

Check with someone else about timing and price. The price may be a good bit higher and that might be why the original guy is dragging his feet.
I'm hoping with escalating costs for fuel and materials that it cost them about twice as much to build it now as we contracted it for. Lol

Not long now!

Today's update: "Boat is done. Waiting on shipping confirmation". Yea!!!
Im going to my dealer today ,but I dont think they will have any update for me since "he" is on vacation and I will be speaking to one of the salesmen

I think you mean 3. My Q was supposed to be done yesterday. It had a seat issue, so it is now delayed to next week. The seat is a high priority item now that it’s been sent back. I’m still hoping for the luck of the Irish ☘️ though. My motor shipped on the 15th They said it’s about 10 days transit for motor.

Last edited:
I think you mean 3. My Q was supposed to be done yesterday. It had a seat issue, so it is now delayed to next week. The seat is a high priority item now that it’s been sent back. I’m still hoping for the luck of the Irish ☘️ though. My motor shipped on the 15th They said it’s about 10 days transit for motor.
Whoops. Truth is there are likely a lot of buyers on here still anticipating a boat that hasn't arrived yet.

Back