2022 Q - it's finally gonna happen!

I like it. You’re not kidding at cost, I started out 2 years ago looking at a used $13,000 tritoon with a 115. It looked new and I dragged my feet until my wife said give him another call on boat. It had sold 3 hours earlier. Boat would easily be about $39,000 now. Now I’m into a Q for $$$$. I know I’m going to love it, oh and it comes with about a $1,000 worth of gas since it has a 50+ gallon tank.
The 250 Verado on our 22 QCW , lists for more than I paid for our 2013 22 SLX

maybe too good. damm that is sweet.

maybe too good. damm that is sweet.
Now I'm replying to my own messages, but I gotta ask, how much is a engine paint job? The Florida sun just wrecks the cowlings down here and I can see a paint job in my future. I'm not lucky enough to have a cover over the lift, but I do have a giant a** boat on the west side of me so I do get some significant relief from the sun.

Now I'm replying to my own messages, but I gotta ask, how much is a engine paint job? The Florida sun just wrecks the cowlings down here and I can see a paint job in my future. I'm not lucky enough to have a cover over the lift, but I do have a giant a** boat on the west side of me so I do get some significant relief from the sun.
You can purchase a manufacturer motor cowl cover. I have one for our Mercury. Fits perfectly, and keeps it covered and protected from the elements.

That paint job was 2,900. The paint itself was $500. Dealer gave the Bennington paint codes to the painters and they secured the paint.

You can also buy cowling covers. I got mine on ebay and have been using it for 6 years. Cowling looks brand new still.

Do leave cover on while running, or just have it on in the slip?

Cover comes off while running .
On my 2020 I knew in advance I was having it painted .I ordered the motor with just primer . The panels were taken to a local auto body shop along with a paint sample . Cost was under $500.00

1646903027343.jpeg

You can get made especially for motor and vented to leave on while running.

Dave posted a link for vented covers above, post # 150

You can get made especially for motor and vented to leave on while running.

I used your link to check these out. Pretty cool how you can really dial it in and customize the cover. We originally got the Mercury cover, because I wanted the branding on it when covered dockside. Had I known then about the Tuffskinz covers that can stay on, while being customized, I may have went in this direction. What a cool option for people!!!

You could always do a vinyl wrap too. They can wrap just about anything.

You could always do a vinyl wrap too. They can wrap just about anything.
I like the wrap suggestion. But I don't think anyone in our area does it. I did get a quote from my dealer today to paint mine , next fall/winter .

I like it. You’re not kidding at cost, I started out 2 years ago looking at a used $13,000 tritoon with a 115. It looked new and I dragged my feet until my wife said give him another call on boat. It had sold 3 hours earlier. Boat would easily be about $39,000 now. Now I’m into a Q for $$$$. I know I’m going to love it, oh and it comes with about a $1,000 worth of gas since it has a 50+ gallon tank.
Hey if it needs it .....Fill it up!!!

Just wax the S $&#_@! t out of that cowling!!!

I like the wrap suggestion. But I don't think anyone in our area does it. I did get a quote from my dealer today to paint mine , next fall/winter .
Check out sign and print shops. That’s who does in my area. Also the local glass tinting shop does them.

I saw someone around HL who was advertising they do wraps. It was advertised all over their wrapped company business vehicle. I was leaving to head home so no opportunity to jot it down.

If I see them again I’ll try to get information. So many people doing business in N. Michigan cover the entire northern portion of the LP, you never know…

Back