2022 Q - it's finally gonna happen!

Pretty cool guys! I was under the impression that they built these boats in a day?!? I swear I read it on this forum somewhere......

Pretty cool guys! I was under the impression that they built these boats in a day?!? I swear I read it on this forum somewhere......

I know my G took two. Maybe Q’s just tend to take longer.

Its my understand that ,Trippernsc, Timdelta and mine are the first 3 New Q's being built for the public .Besides the supply chain issues ,you also have the new build process for the new model

Q's and R's are built in a different building than the S and L ( previous G) models . I have a few pics from my 2020 Q being built . Ill post when I find them.

Its my understand that ,Trippernsc, Timdelta and mine are the first 3 New Q's being built for the public .Besides the supply chain issues ,you also have the new build process for the new model
Bennington has already told our dealer they will not get any more Qs this year, and they are a big dealership. We'll have the only new Q on our lake this year.

My dealer had another ordered and it was canceled. The buyer switched to an R .

Bennington has already told our dealer they will not get any more Qs this year, and they are a big dealership. We'll have the only new Q on our lake this year.
Now I'm curious what the issues are . I think it has to be something with the Fiberglass Bow or the panels . The rest is about the same as an R without some of the amenities

I wonder if when forced to switch to different model if they use pricing in effect at the time of original order or use the new pricing? It wouldn’t seem fair to use the new pricing, it was a signed contract. I’m sure there is some language in contract that allows manufacturer relief.

I think it was a fairly recent order ,well after ours .

From what I have seen of Bennington and their employees, they would do the right thing. I’m waiting to hear of update for me. Wish me luck

From what I have seen of Bennington and their employees, they would do the right thing. I’m waiting to hear of update for me. Wish me luck
Good Luck Tim !
I agree with you about the employees. Every interaction I have had was above my expectations. Especially at the dealer meeting last August .

Now I'm curious what the issues are . I think it has to be something with the Fiberglass Bow or the panels . The rest is about the same as an R without some of the amenities
I think it started with the pandemic and lack of supplies. Then they switched to a new factory, and changed the console and front end. Add to that, orders taken last year still haven't been built (I ordered last May), so I assume there is a sizable backlog of boats waiting to be built.

Are you referring to the helm, when you mention console ? The new Q I saw at the dealer meeting had no change to the console/ helm from 2021 .

Are you referring to the helm, when you mention console ? The new Q I saw at the dealer meeting had no change to the console/ helm from 2021 .
yes, my dealer said that the helm was a new design so IDK.

When I first saw it on the build site in early August ,it did list a new style helm . When I got to the dealer meeting it was the same as my 2014 R ,my 2020 Q and the 2021 R's and Q's the switches were changed on the Q's for 2021 .With all that being said ,now I am wondering if they did not have the new helms in time for the dealer meeting last August and just used the previous style .

This is what was listed on the build site early August .

"" Evolution X Console - New wrap around fiberglass console with stainless steel grab handle and glovebox "

This is what the build site has listed today .

• 1 Piece Fiberglass Body Integrated with Starboard Bow Chaise Lounge
  • Console Footrest
  • Fiberglass Door with easy open & close Stainless Steel Hinges & Latch
  • Illuminated Rocker Switches with Dash Mounted Breakers & Master Power Switch

So that sounds like a new helm. Maybe they just weren't ready for the boat show?

Back