2023 College football thread

It seems like it’s driving into the 2-3 major conferences scenario, but I don‘t see that fully playing out until the 2030’s when all the remaining big conferences TV contracts are up for renewal. That said, I would have never predicted such a quick implosion of the PAC-10.

However, with the longer term TV deals currently locked in, until they expire in the 2020’s, I think things are mostly settled in for awhile. Well…Maybe? Possibly? Ah heck, who knows? :D

Desheur Sanders NIL money is more than Dac Prescotts and Joe Burrows base salary. When will this end? Some of these players are going to take a pay cut when they reach the NFL.

Desheur Sanders NIL money is more than Dac Prescotts and Joe Burrows base salary. When will this end? Some of these players are going to take a pay cut when they reach the NFL.
For the select few, the amount they make in NIL is crazy. That‘s why I think those that can make decent money/bennies wont leave early. They get to keep their college experiences + make some serious $.

It’s a crazy Wild West out there with the transfer portal and NIL deals these days. :oops:

If you only looked at the stats from that game the score should have been a lot closer. Still, I feel my Tigers are in trouble this year. The "hiring my buddies" to fill open positions has finally come to haunt Dabo. There is no 'quick fix' for the way they played, even though Duke has a good team, no excuses for this. Fla St is going to gut my Tigers. Probably 8-4 this year and only because of the weak schedule.

My hotel room last night.
It was a total coincidence as was me packing my Badgers jersey!

17265-1-jpeg.920698

Some cool team entrances.
Is your team represented here?
Did they miss one that should have been listed?

I like the "Thundar Alert" myself!

The Nebraska Tunnel Walk to "Sirius"

Last edited:
I just remembered Jeff is celebrating their anniversary.

This Buffaloes/Rams game was insane! Hats off to Colo State. They exceeded expectations.
Now 3-0 Colo at Oregon Saturday!
Colorado St. was in control. They let Colorado back into the game!

What I meant to say earlier was Jeff doesn't really have much to worry about. Maryland has been winning ugly! They have been down 14-0 in 2 out of 3 games. You can't do that against Big 10 teams and survive. Haven't seen Michigan St. play yet ....

Peaking in briefly during a couple hour bus ride to Rome. Saw our score online and a quick article about our soon to be officially “former” head coaches situation. Gave me reason to avoid peaking in at news again…lol

What I meant to say earlier was Jeff doesn't really have much to worry about. Maryland has been winning ugly! They have been down 14-0 in 2 out of 3 games. You can't do that against Big 10 teams and survive. Haven't seen Michigan St. play yet ....
My Badgers have been playing very soft 1st halfs as well and it's gonna bite 'em in the ___ in conference games.

After Michigan's offensive woes on Saturday, this may be a rough season in conference play if they don't shape up.

Auburn's first real test is this weekend vs Texas A&M. So far, Auburn has not looked overly impressive, but the other side of the state (Alabama) appears to be losing their minds right now. Some even saying Saban needs to retire. Sports shows right now are comedy gold.

My team isn't good this year, so this may be the only time I post in this thread. Saturday was a great day to be a Mountaineer as we beat sPitt 17 - 6 at home. I entered the tailgate lot at 6:40 AM for the 7:30 PM game. It was a glorious but long day. Love this pic from Saturday night. Stripe the Stadium was successful and the stadium and crowd looked great on national TV.
11985478.jpeg

Anyone who tailgates for 13 hours loves college ball, even if their team is struggling!
We do love it. We live 500 miles from Morgantown and make nearly every home game and throw a big tailgate party.

Back