2023 College football thread

It appears that the walls may be tumbling down at TTUN! Firing coaches for destruction of evidence. Seems that they actually did know about the scandal!

Cheaters never win, what goes around comes around!

Maryland gave Michigan a good game! Too many mistakes and missed opportunities. Could have had a different outcome. 2 Interceptions, a fumble for a TD, a blocked punt for a safety, another safety after an intentional grounding. Too much to overcome to beat the #3 team in the country!

Maryland gave Michigan a good game! Too many mistakes and missed opportunities. Could have had a different outcome. 2 Interceptions, a fumble for a TD, a blocked punt for a safety, another safety after an intentional grounding. Too much to overcome to beat the #3 team in the country!

Maryland played their hearts out...without those lucky INTs and safeties, Michigan lost.
Next weekend is probably not going to go well.

Maryland played their hearts out...without those lucky INTs and safeties, Michigan lost.
Next weekend is probably not going to go well.
Should be a hell of a game next week!

OK, I have been as harsh on the Big Ten West as anyone this season, but stay with me here...Maybe, just maybe these teams aren't as bad as I have been perceiving them to be? No, they are not on the same level as PSU, OSU & Big Blue, but maybe they're not bottom feeders? Maybe the B1G West is still more talented than most other conferences?
Seems like I am simply justifying a disappointing season (which I am), but I think these teams have a lot to build on for 2024. I'm gonna hold off on tossing my Badgers swag in the bonfire for now.

Sorry JMU lost yesterday.
I was really hoping for a perfect season from them!
It's so stupid about the whole bowl game nonsense.
App St. had a great game plan against JMU's high powered offense! Got to give them credit. At least JMU scored that last touchdown and 2 pt. conversion to give them a chance in OT. Don't know why you penalize a team for 2 seasons to not be able to go to a bowl game or to even win your own league....

Should be a hell of a game next week!

For OSU it will be if UMich continues on their path from these last two games: JJ doesn't settle himself and Corum and Edwards can't find breakaway routes, then the Buckeyes will leave the Big House with a hefty win.

UMich might get a consolation bowl but no chance of a CFP slot, for sure.

Nice to see history being made with 1000th win, but 1001 may not happen until 2024. :p

App St. had a great game plan against JMU's high powered offense! Got to give them credit. At least JMU scored that last touchdown and 2 pt. conversion to give them a chance in OT. Don't know why you penalize a team for 2 seasons to not be able to go to a bowl game or to even win your own league....
It would make sense if they were moving down from FBS to FCS because the roster is stacked with more scholarship players than the FCS teams. But I fail to see any logic whatsoever in this rule. It simply makes zero sense!

It would make sense if they were moving down from FBS to FCS because the roster is stacked with more scholarship players than the FCS teams. But I fail to see any logic whatsoever in this rule. It simply makes zero sense!
Another thing is..... why 2 years?!? It's hard enough to move up to FBS but you're going to limit a team from making money and publicity for the school from going to a bowl game.....

Holding PSU to field goals. This will be a slow death by 1000 cuts!

Edit - Well that sure went south quick!

Last edited:
Holding PSU to field goals. This will be a slow death by 1000 cuts!

Edit - Well that sure went south quick!
Yes….Yes it did! That was a brutal second half for Spartans. You should have been a PSU fan for one night. You would have had a better Friday evening. :D

I think I speak for most Spartan football fans. We are glad the season is over. Hoping we find the right head coach and they bring in a dynamic staff. Based on all the sports talk, Jonathon Smith from Oregon St. is the leading candidate. A few others were certainly highly regarded and sought after as well.

Who knows, we could have an announcement very soon.

The new era in MSU football has begun. We officially hired former Oregon St head coach Jonathan Smith, and relieved our coaching staff of their duties. May the new Era begin!

IMG_0439.jpeg

Back