Adding a 3rd pontoon.

Fish: 

With only 75 horsepower, I don't know if marginal performance improvements on a center toon would be worth the investment. 

Boats with 3 toons and 90 hp are a minimum, but 115 hp or 150 hp are really preferable.

If you need more performance and seaworthiness, selling or trading for a boat with a larger motor may be the best direction.

+1 on what Bama said. Curious to see the gains but we sold our two toon with strakes and a 115 as we did not see a cost effective way to modify the toon vs buying another one already suited for our performance goals. Pretty cool being in a mag though.

I've had my eye on the water glide for quite some time.. Im really interested to hear what the results are. I know the reviews in pontoon and deck boat mag say its the real deal.. The video on the pontoon water glide site is equally impressive. you can see the before and after videos on youtube also. Just put "pontoon water glide" in the search box.

It does look to make a very big difference, wonder how it handles rough water?.... who is going to be the guinea pig? Maybe we take a collection to purchase one unit and let Bamaman do the install and document the results. I would assume your boat needs to be out of warranty.

Steve

Keep in mind, they have a lifetime "structural" warranty, that may be affected by the addition of the "water glide". You would want to verify first before adding it.

Back