Amazon Echo or ??

mrpigeon

Reaction score
It's still cold in Michigan, but I'm dreaming of summer boating. I live on an inland lake and have my Bennington at my dock quite often. Some folks sit on the boat while others sit on the dock. We frequently use the boat stereo as our music source and we can easily stream music since we connect to my home WiFi. The thing I'm exploring is installing an Amazon Echo of some sort for two functions: 1) easier (hands-free) selection of material 2) intercom from the house to the boat - I know you can communicate between 2 Echos . I'm wondering if anyone has tried this? Did you use an Amazon Echo Auto or some other device? Just curious. Be well!

I have an Amazon Echo Auto .It uses your phone data ( no big deal ) The issue I have , it takes control of your phone and car audio system ,
I no longer use it in my car .Those things I would rather control my self. I think it would work fine on a boat .I

Thanks for the reply. If I'm reading the specifications on the Echo Auto correctly, it ONLY uses a phone to connect to the internet. I don't believe it has WiFi connectivity - and that's what I'm after. I'd use an Echo Dot (or maybe even an Echo Flex) but I'm concerned about placement somewhere on the boat where the device might get splashed with water now and again.....

That is correct there is no wifi it uses your phone data . If you use a dot or flex do you have the means to power it ?
Mine isnt much larger than a credit card and 1/2 inch thick . You should be able to mount it under or on your helm with velcro

Back