Dash Switches

MrG

Reaction score
The Dash switches on my 2012 2575 QCW are in my opinion not the best choice.

#1 they are not lit at night. (They light) once you turn them on but you better know where the lights you wanna turn on other wise it's literally "a stab in the dark"

typically you have to turn the overhead Biminis light on to see what lights you wanna turn on. 

#2 the switches trap dirt in the recess pockets and it's hard to clean

#3 the switches are black on the top 1/2 and Chrome on the bottom. the moment you touch them you leave a finger print.

my 2002 Ski boat has THE BEST hands down button panel.  All the switches are behind a rubber back lit dash panel. At night you can see what's What in a instant and because it's a smooth rubber pannel cleaning is super easy + it makes all the switches 100% waterproof.

I saw on a newer bennington the dash switches are lit and labeled, has anyone switched out their dash switches? 

On my 2017 G2250 there is a small light that illuminates but it is not sufficient to identify switch.  I overheard a rather heated conversation between someone who had just taken delivery of a Q.  He couldn't understand why after paying near 90k for his boat he couldn't read his switches at night.  I silently agreed doesn't seem unreasonable

Anyone know what they call the rocker switches, is their a industry name for them. And perhaps any info on the switches that come on the current line up of bennington 

Anyone know what they call the rocker switches, is their a industry name for them. And perhaps any info on the switches that come on the current line up of bennington 

MrG,starting to sound like the Q make over is not quite over yet! LOL

Little stuff like this is normally quick and easy. New updated switches will be plug and play. Even if I only replaced a few vital ones it would be better then nothing 

1.Nav lights

2. Docking light 

these 2 are the ones I seem to be frequently needing 

I searched online for a parts number breakdown for the console and couldn't find anything.. I was thinking of adding another switch but can't find any information.

Usually there is some info on the switch body.  Might have to pull one out if you can't crawl up in the console with a light.  

Little stuff like this is normally quick and easy. New updated switches will be plug and play. Even if I only replaced a few vital ones it would be better then nothing 

1.Nav lights

2. Docking light 

these 2 are the ones I seem to be frequently needing 

These guys should have everything you need for switches and dash panels

New Wire Marine

So it looks like the switches Bennington uses are called "Carling" or Carlingtech"

the good news is that new switches would be a pretty simple retrofit. 

The backlit switches are the ones I would be Intrested. Example. You would have a switch let's say the nav light switch, that  dash switch would trigger your entire dashs switches "back light". The back light is the light that illuminates and tells you what switch is which!  The switch also has a 2nd light that comes on when you turn the switch on! 

Thanks for the link I'll do some more research. 

MrG - Which switches did you get from New Wire Marine?  I plan to replace mine soon.

I did not get the switches Yett. I I have not seen the exact ones I wanted. Like I said earlier in this thread I saw a new 2016-17 bennington on the Lott that had some great looking ones if I can picture them accurately the top 1/2 was black and the lower 1/2 was white frosted  (thats the part that would light up) with a discription of what that switch did. Those are the ones I wanted. Any one here have these style of switch ???

So, it’s been about two years since the last response on this thread. Has anyone installed the illuminated rockers that are discussed here? I think I have Contura II rockers installed now on my 2017 24SSRX but I would love to change to the V to have illuminated switches. Would this even work as a “plug and play”, I wonder?

Thanks! The switches I have now don’t have the backlight feature which I would love to have! I did send a request to Newwire Marine with this question and got a quick reply which I will post below. (I hope the attachment works!)

My question:
Are the illuminated Contura V rockers a simple “plug and play” replacement for the II series or is additional wiring necessary for the backlighting?

Their reply:
Joe,

That depends on how many lights your contura II switches have - if they have 2 lights in the switch body Yes.

If they only have 1 light in the contura II switch bodies than you'd need to jump the back lights together like this ( see attached)

Attachments

• Backlit switch wiring.pdf
    423.1 KB · Views: 30
Not as beautiful as the having the back lit switches, but a simple solution I use is using Velcro to mount a twin-head book light that is mounted behind the wheel. I just turn it on when I need to pick out the proper switch. It has worked well for 7 years without changing the batteries. I added red filters to the lights as well. Something like this is what I used; https://www.amazon.com/LuminoLite-R...1750&s=gateway&sprefix=book+l,aps,210&sr=8-36

Back