Ignition switch & dash gauges

Nat

Reaction score
Hello, help. My ignition switch melted in the sun. The key just turns and turns. Power beeps but no ignition connection I guess. Where can I find a replacement switch? I've called a few places but to no avail. Are they generic? For instance, I think there are five wires? Does it need to be a Benny switch?

Along with that, the dash gauges do not illuminate. Is this a simple connection that's disconnected? How do I trouble shoot my electrical under dash? I've looked for an electrical schematic but cannot find one. 2009 2575 RCW I/O Tritoon.

Any suggestions and/or advice is helpful and appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• tempImagevY1wDS.png
    tempImagevY1wDS.png
    974.6 KB · Views: 21
  • tempImage70fBIY.png
    tempImage70fBIY.png
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • tempImagejHvB28.png
    tempImagejHvB28.png
    696.9 KB · Views: 20
  • tempImageq83DtS.png
    tempImageq83DtS.png
    736.7 KB · Views: 20
  • tempImagegZzr8f.png
    tempImagegZzr8f.png
    925.9 KB · Views: 20
To get the correct part, best bet and fastest would be the Bennington dealer. The wiring itself looks to be in decent shape.

So this generic in the pictures I bought at Spankey’s is the wrong one?
If so, I guess it will be worth the time to drive the hour to a dealer.
And the dash gauges—a fuse?

Sorry, I would call ahead to dealer and then drive the hour. Overall you lose a day for many more hours of boating. I believe/hope it’s worth it.

The ignition switch plugs into the motor harness. The switch that simply plugs in would probably come from the motor manufacturer via your dealer. Your gage power comes from the ignition switch so your two problems probably have a common source.

The ignition switch plugs into the motor harness. I think it comes from the motor manufacturer via your dealer. Your gage power comes from the ignition switch so your two problems have a common source.

Covering the easy bases first - the gauges only illuminate when the navigation or anchor lights are on - did you try that first?

Greatlakesskipper.com could also probably help. Search for the part number on the switch and try to find the same item. Good luck!

Back