I'm shaving my head for childhood cancer ......

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm shaving my head for childhood cancer. See the link below to my donation page if you would like to donate.

$1, $5, Every little bit helps.

For those of you that might know me, or have seen me, shaving my head might not seem like a big deal, but it is to me,

to be able to possibly help a child with cancer.

It's a bad enough disease for an adult, but a child is un-acceptable. Won't you help me?

I've lost too many friends and family over the years, I can not even fathom losing a child, no matter what the reason, but maybe we can stop at least one of them.

Thank you in advance,

Smitty

Http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/717013/2014/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Steve !!!!

Thank you for bringing attention to such an important topic.

My six year old grandson is in Doernbecher Childrens Hospital right now fighting a battle of his own.

Thankfully he does not have cancer but he is a very sick little boy.

I'm in. :)

Done!  And shared on my Facebook page Smitty.

Thank you to all of you !! I keep setting my goal higher cause I have so many friends helping out !!

Thank you for bringing attention to such an important topic.

My six year old grandson is in Doernbecher Childrens Hospital right now fighting a battle of his own.

Thankfully he does not have cancer but he is a very sick little boy.

I'm in. :)
Ross,

We'll be keeping your grandson in our thoughts and hoping he gets well soon.

Smitty

Done.  Thank you for doing this.  I am an MSU alum and huge fan and have been closely following the story between one of their players, A. Payne and his close young friend who has neuroblastoma.  I also just now found that the Iowa head coach's son's tumor that was removed the other day is also malignant.  Just terrible.

Keith

Done. Thank you for doing this. I am an MSU alum and huge fan and have been closely following the story between one of their players, A. Payne and his close young friend who has neuroblastoma. I also just now found that the Iowa head coach's son's tumor that was removed the other day is also malignant. Just terrible.

Keith
Keith, The more I read the stories, the more I realize how good we really have it. I just can't imagine it with a child. I've lost numerous friends an family members over the years to cancer and I just want to be able to do my part, if only a little bit, because lots of little bits add up to big pieces. Thank you for helping out.

Smitty

Yeah I hear ya.  My boy/girl twins were born 2 1/2 years ago....11 weeks early.  I can't even to begin to tell you the living hell my wife and I went through, especially with our son that had a brain bleed and has to have a shunt placed in his brain that drain the excess brain fluid via a long tube into his abdominal cavity...which he will have the rest of his life.  Knock on wood, so far no developmental delays except for his speech so all in all very thankful....but almost 3 months with them in the NICU sucked to say the least.  My wife and I are both RN's as well so again....thank you for doing this.

Yeah I hear ya.  My boy/girl twins were born 2 1/2 years ago....11 weeks early.  I can't even to begin to tell you the living hell my wife and I went through, especially with our son that had a brain bleed and has to have a shunt placed in his brain that drain the excess brain fluid via a long tube into his abdominal cavity...which he will have the rest of his life.  Knock on wood, so far no developmental delays except for his speech so all in all very thankful....but almost 3 months with them in the NICU sucked to say the least.  My wife and I are both RN's as well so again....thank you for doing this.
Keithkz

Things have come a long way. I had a daughter that had the same problem many years ago. She had seven surgeries in two years. Back then the shunt was something new. She finally passed but she will always be remembered. I hope and pray for your little one.

David

Saddens my heart to hear that David.  It really does.  The problem with shunts is that pretty much nothing has changed with them from say 20 years ago.  We were told from the pediatric neurosurgeon at U of M Hospital that inserted it that the longer he goes without an issues the less likely he will ever have an issue.  It has been over two years since it was placed and so far so good.  Thanks for the kind words.  Life is precious isn't it?  Especially when we're talking about kids.

Thanks for what your doing to help a great cause. My wife and I are blessed with two heathly kids and two heathly grand children.

Andy

Hey everyone,

I'm shaving my head for childhood cancer. See the link below to my donation page if you would like to donate.

$1, $5, Every little bit helps.

For those of you that might know me, or have seen me, shaving my head might not seem like a big deal, but it is to me,

to be able to possibly help a child with cancer.

It's a bad enough disease for an adult, but a child is un-acceptable. Won't you help me?

I've lost too many friends and family over the years, I can not even fathom losing a child, no matter what the reason, but maybe we can stop at least one of them.

Thank you in advance,

Smitty

I really appreciate you doing this Smitty! My almost 3yr old grandson has a rare disease called Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis (LCH) It's like cancer and like leukemia but they don't know where it comes from and exactly how to get rid of it. A cancer doctor (oncologist) has to treat him and he's been going through chemo for almost a year so far. Research is the only way they'll ever find a cure so your fundraising is one extremely helpful way to make a difference! So thank you so much! people like you are angels to people like us who need people like you!

Terry,

Thank you for your donation.

I don't have any children, but I do have the ability to at least be a part of hopefully providing a cure.

As I wrote earlier, I've lost too many friends and family to this disease, both young and old(er).

It's just little bits like this that add up to big chunks ....... I'll be thinking of all of you on the 19th, and

hopefully we can make a difference.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT DONATED !!!!

Tomorrows the big day, I get my head shaved to fund childhood cancer research.

If you would still like to donate, maybe forgot, just didn't get around to it yet, todays the day to "get er done"

Just click the link below to go to my donation page.

Thanks you in advance, and thanks again to everyone that already donated.

I will update everyone after the weekend our totals, but I will tell you, it looks really good for a pretty short period of time.

Thanks again for doing this.

I had posted above on the young 8 year old with neuroblastoma who was befriended by the MSU basketball team.  She recently died (it has been all over the news both locally and nationally and all over Twitter).  They actually had a memorial at Breslin last night where the MSU basketball team plays.  Wasn't a dry eye there.

Keith,

I did read about her on the news and I will tell you, it chokes you up when you read these terrible stories about young children whos lives have been cut so short.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care if you are 8 or 80, it's a terrible disease, it's just so much more tragic when it happens to a child.

I always hate to hear the statement "time heals all wounds" cause I call bull**it on that. I miss my F.I.L., B.I.L., and many friends (lost to cancers)  like I lost them yesterday.

Maybe tomorrow will be the day the funding finds a cure ......

Smitty

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow Smitty and hope you know how we thank you!

Today was my grandson's last day of his last week of chemotherapy after going a full year! His MRI is next month to see how it worked so we're crossing our fingers that his port will be removed from his chest and he will be in remission! 

Tomorrow, while a very nice man is getting his head shaved trying to help find a cure for such heartbreaking diseases, we will be celebrating birthday #3 with our little Warrior!

~Terri  : )

Back