Keeping the bow door open...and doing it cleanly.

Watch out putting wet beanbags away. The corn feeds mold very well. Ask me how
I know. :oops:

My friend has Harris pontoon with some really good, toe friendly door stops. I'm going to find a local dealer and see if I can order a couple.

I, too, thought about all kinds of door stops. I ended up at least temporarily cutting off a 4 in section of a pool noodle and then cut it diagonally. Seems to work so far - as long as I can find it when I need it. LOL
Did this today. Worked great. Tossed two of them under the right front cushion where I would be when opening the gate.
Great little suggestion, thanks

Maybe it's just my internet browser, but none of the links for the magnets work anymore in this thread. Does anyone have a name brand, or an update amazon listing, or picture of these magnet door holders? I see ones on there for about $50, but that seems a little excessive for a magnet door holder to me.
Might be a little late but here is what I purchased, Still need to install. Front gate needs a 1" spacer to get past edge of seat. Will install 1/8" plate for side gate vs magnet on side of front lounge and SS screws with acorn nuts to hold to gate frames. Wish there was a way to replace rear gate plastic gate keepers as they are no fun to step on barefooted when walking around fishing seats to get out rear gate.

This is new from Bennington this year. Blackout in pic
Gate Glide - Bow (Silver) $16
Not sure if it is available to order from your dealer

1642925752810.png

View attachment 31792

Someone with a 3D printer could make their own pretty easily. Looks like a real basic design item.

View attachment 31792
Its such a simple and cheap addition that makes me frustrated with "why is this now showing up!"

The noodle foam works ok for the bow but whenever I have to eventually send my boat to the dealer, im going to have them instal this. Seems simple enough I wonder if its as simple as a single screw

View attachment 31792
Thanks for sharing! I’m embarrassed to say that I’d pay $16 for that .28 cent part.

On our 2014 & 2020 with stern loungers ,they have a similar version to keep the stern gate open and closed .

On hot days, we like to run with the bow door open. It lets the breezed come through and it also gives me a little better visibility directly out in front of me, especially when docking or trailering the boat. Since it's just the two of us about 90% of the time and there are no little ones in the boat, safety isn't an issue at those times.

I must have thought of a dozen different ways to keep that door open, and doing it in a way that presented a clean image. We certainly didn't like the idea of drilling a hole in the floor and mounting one of those plastic door stops to the side of that tight bow walkway, and I just didn't see any types hooks that I really liked. Then I got the idea to use magnets to do the work for me, and I got them here, for $8 delivered: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DYL12WQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Two small holes later, and there you have it, and they work great. We put almost 30 miles on the boat yesterday, and the magnets held the whole time, and yet it's very easy to pull them free from each other. I used a stainless acorn nut on the outside of the door for appearance sake, and you hardly notice it...door open or closed. These magnets claim to have a 37 pound pull strength, and I'm glad I didn't get anything more powerful than that!

412725619.jpg
412725616.jpg
I saw these gate latches on Amazon suggested from an earlier post on the Bennington Forum. I installed two of them with supplied 3M tape and have been extremely pleased. I like the magnet release since all guests are not familiar with lift up action on gates. My 24 LSB sits on a covered lift year round so the stick on has held up without issue. I like the clean look, adjustable, and magnet on gate pulls metal tab up with no toe stumper on deck as shown in picture.

Other ideas that did not work as well:
Box anchor - too cumbersome and sometimes muddy
Flip Flop - someone always forgets it
Bean bag - never located in timely manner and bag molds
Door stops cut from swim noodles - blow out
Fire extinguisher - falls over and in the way

Link:--> Adjustable Door Stop , Magnetic Door Stop, Stainless Steel Door Can Help Keep The Door Open (Black 2pcs)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093Z5NRK9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_NEX6kKXvhyQDI

Attachments

• Gate latch IMG_1509.jpg
    Gate latch IMG_1509.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 59
Not a soul has suggested the old familiar frisbee. Something every boat should not be without. They are cheap and always fun on the beach.
We keep extras because they seem to not make it back to the boat.

I use a flip flop or the portable cup holder.

Curious if anyone has a solution for the trolling motor half gates?

Back