Let's Talk NEW ORDER SCHEDULING

R

Retired Team Member1

Hi Everyone,

Years ago we posted an order scheduling guide for you.  Most of this information remains exactly as it did in 2012, but we have updated it here.  

Historically, we've received a high percentage of retail-sold orders March through August and rebuild dealer inventory throughout the fall and winter months.  More recently, however, we build sold units year-round as the popularity of pontoons continues to grow.   This means dealer showroom inventory is in high demand as well.

Without over-complicating, TB will try to explain the scheduling process for you (and this may explain why customers are quoted various lead times for a new boat order!) Here goes...

THE BIG PICTURE:

We have 6 regions in the U.S. and 2 regions in Canada. The number of production slots guaranteed on a weekly basis to each region is based on each region's percentage of sales as it relates to the entire company. Some regions are larger than others based on SALES volume, so they get more weekly production. If one region is up and another is down, regions can "Swap Slots"; however, this has not happened at all in the past two years as demand is up across the country.

ONE BOAT AT A TIME:

Our production schedule is "locked" or firm 6 weeks in advance. This gives our suppliers time to ship in the furniture and parts necessary to complete production. Imagine all of our floorplans, furniture configurations and color combinations, not to mention 8 different hull bottoms and 500 options!

WHAT TO EXPECT:

Although the schedule is locked 6 weeks in advance, spring order volume pushes the next "opening" much farther out; as much as 8-12 weeks, depending on the region. If your dealer has guaranteed you a production date, that's great. It means he has forecasted with the Regional Sales Manager and feels confident. We use Saturday production days throughout the year to help regions catch up or stay on track. Many dealers would rather suggest an approximate "delivery window"...say 8-10 weeks from order date.   

OTHER THINGS AFFECTING DELIVERY:

Weather, split shipments, supplier issues we have no control over...

Hope this helps guide your expectations! One thing we firmly believe...YOUR NEW BENNINGTON IS WORTH THE WAIT! :) TB

Last edited:
Excellent post. BM is at the top of the top when it comes to communicating with its customers.

Hi Everyone,

It's that time of year when your custom-ordered boats occupy a majority of the Bennington production schedule. Generally speaking, that's March through August. Throughout the fall and winter months, we build more dealer inventory...the boats available to you from the showroom floor.

Without over-complicating, TB will try to explain the scheduling process for you (and this may explain why customers are quoted various lead times for a new boat order!) Here goes...

THE BIG PICTURE:

We have 8 regions in the U.S. and 2 regions in Canada. The number of production slots guaranteed on a weekly basis to each region is based on each region's percentage of sales as it relates to the entire company. Some regions are larger than others based on SALES volume, so they get more weekly production. If one region is up and another is down, regions can "Swap Slots"; however, this has not happened much because all regions have been UP lately!

ONE BOAT AT A TIME:

Our production schedule is "locked" or firm 5 weeks in advance. This gives our suppliers time to ship in the furniture and parts necessary to complete production. Imagine all of our floorplans, furniture configurations and color combinations, not to mention 8 different hull bottoms and 500 options!

WHAT TO EXPECT:

Although the schedule is locked 5 weeks in advance, spring order volume pushes the next "opening" much farther out; as much as 8-12 weeks, depending on the region. If your dealer has guaranteed you a production date, that's great. It means he has forecasted with the Regional Sales Manager and feels confident. We use Saturday production as necessary during the spring and summer months to help regions catch up or stay on track. Many dealers would rather suggest an approximate "delivery window"...say 8-10 weeks from order date.

OTHER THINGS AFFECTING DELIVERY:

Weather, split shipments, a supplier issue we have no control over...

Hope this helps guide your expectations! One thing we firmly believe...YOUR NEW BENNINGTON IS WORTH THE WAIT! :) TB

I am waiting on a boat we purchased July 21. Its Killing me!

We ordered a 22' sfx pontoon with angler station. We bought at a boat show and I understand there were a lot of orders but they didn't get the order in for another 2 weeks after. It was a bit of a cluster and the dealership has been less than communicative.

We are naming the boat scotchy mcshitfaced playing off the boaty mcboatface name since we are scotch lovers, and I'm the misses.

I purchased a boat at the Mid American Boat Show in Cleveland. Dealer said 4-6 weeks as he had purchased 20 "build" reservations. Does this schedule seem appropriate? Is there a way to determine if my boat is scheduled for build and when or has it been built?

Last edited:
This time of year, yes, 4-6 weeks sounds legit. Your dealer can request the estimated build date. Depending on your build specs, it only takes 1-2 days to be built.

I ordered mine the second week of November, it was built on December 20 and delivered to Minnesota January 22nd. My local dealership alone sells 150-200 Bennington pontoons at the Minneapolis boat show in mid January so expect a little longer wait.

By the way, I was told they can build 45 pontoon boats/day. That seems pretty impressive if true.

Thanks for the feedback! I was able to get confirmation from my dealer. Bennington accepted the order on Jan. 24th so it should be ready for the early spring (hope we have one) in Ohio!

Congrats Jim! The long wait begins! I gave up on hoping for early spring in the mid-west and moved to FL!

Congrats to all the new soon to be Bennington owners. Waiting for ours last year was torturous.
Try going through it twice! We ordered both of ours in October so the wait was brutal!

My boat has arrived!!!! 22SSRXP, it is currently being rigged and what not at the dealer. Delivery should be soon!!! Now Mother Nature...about this weather!!!!! I will post pictures when I take delivery!

Ditto... mine had a build date of March 20th. Haven't heard when it might be delivered to my dealer. Totally excited! Can't wait to get it even though I'll have to wait until the end of May or first half June to put it on the water.... Will also post pictures when I get it. Got a 22GBR 175HP Yamaha

Back