New PTMEdge pontoon boat mirror.

I still haven’t done a mirror yet and will probably go with a helm mount. Anyone have an opinion on left or right side of helm? The rail mount would mess with my lift guide bars ( I think). I have tried out a cheapy mirror system and it crap. However it really demonstrated how nice it was to have. How did you get it so cheaply?
20% discount code. Just google it. They are out there.

I still haven’t done a mirror yet and will probably go with a helm mount. Anyone have an opinion on left or right side of helm? The rail mount would mess with my lift guide bars ( I think). I have tried out a cheapy mirror system and it crap. However it really demonstrated how nice it was to have. How did you get it so cheaply?
LOL - same boat - headed out to pull the boat out of storage, slide it into the lake and start the summer fun! Ideally will get the helm mirror installed, thinking also a left install - but could not find a single example - even PTM did not have a single picture. Will let you know and send pictures.

I ordered the helm mount ptm mirror, it will be here Friday. I’m thinking left side is the way to go. Nervous about drilling into boat, so will try to see FOR SURE where I want it.
Anyone feel free to chime in on pros and cons of placement.

I ordered the helm mount ptm mirror, it will be here Friday. I’m thinking left side is the way to go. Nervous about drilling into boat, so will try to see FOR SURE where I want it.
Anyone feel free to chime in on pros and cons of placement.
I plan on installing mine this weekend.....will share once done.

We had a ski mirror installed on our first boat, a bowrider. It was installed on left side of the helm in the middle of the boat on the windshield. When people skiied or tubed my vision was blocked by the people sitting along the back watching. So be careful! Before you guys drill into that helm.........be careful that your vision won't be blocked!

Mirror on left, a blocked view is one of my big concerns. I don’t want to tell anyone I can’t see with that melon head back there. I have the cup holder mirror system right now and will probably use tape and that holder to try out the ptm mirror on left. I’m hoping the extra height of ptm mirror will eliminate any big headed blockage.

Mirror on left, a blocked view is one of my big concerns. I don’t want to tell anyone I can’t see with that melon head back there. I have the cup holder mirror system right now and will probably use tape and that holder to try out the ptm mirror on left. I’m hoping the extra height of ptm mirror will eliminate any big headed blockage.
Melon heads to the front!!! Ha!

We had a ski mirror installed on our first boat, a bowrider. It was installed on left side of the helm in the middle of the boat on the windshield. When people skiied or tubed my vision was blocked by the people sitting along the back watching. So be careful! Before you guys drill into that helm.........be careful that your vision won't be blocked!
Great feedback - thank you!!! I previously identified that it might not provide as much view of the left side, which is harder to look back at vs the right side - another vote for the right side install. I will definitely be trying out various spots - my teen should make a good temporary holding mount....LOL. chempure's picture says a LOT!

Got the mirror. It is solid for sure, beast is a good word for it. I’ve been holding it in various places and I am pretty sure left side of helm is Not Good. It is so big it will block a large portion of view off of bow, from 12 to 10 o’clock, at least. On the right it will be better, especially if it can hang over the side. My problem is it’s impossible to move it around solo and check it out. So I will have to wait for wife or someone else I can order around. I am going to order the rail mount one too and see how that may work.

I love the rail mount because I can easily take it off when trailering. The part that screws onto the rail stays on all the time. It is very solid. Honestly from the position mine is in I always see the tube or skier and I always get to look at that charming man driving the boat. Happy boating!

Last edited:
I think I want to put mount on one of the vertical bars, do you think that would work? How about when lowering the Bimini would that cause an issue? I’m guessing you have it on a side rail, can you see any issues like lowering Bimini? I don’t want to take mount on and off, but don’t mind taking the arm and mirror off when needed. I keep my boat on a lift at home so really don’t lower Bimini’s. However hurricane season is here, so who knows?

I think I want to put mount on one of the vertical bars, do you think that would work? How about when lowering the Bimini would that cause an issue? I’m guessing you have it on a side rail, can you see any issues like lowering Bimini? I don’t want to take mount on and off, but don’t mind taking the arm and mirror off when needed. I keep my boat on a lift at home so really don’t lower Bimini’s. However hurricane season is here, so who knows?
On mine, the base never comes off. Mounted on top rail right of the helm. Bimini is not an issue nor is the boat cover over the base. But cover on is with tall arm removed from the base.

Last edited:
PTMEdge Helm Install: Ok, got it installed on Sunday (too busy having fun on Saturday)! Must have spent 30 minutes moving it around and trying different positions, keeping in mind I wanted an easy fold down when mooring. As expected / noted - the left helm was a great viewing spot, but really blocked forward visuals, did not look right, and would have become a grab bar. I liked the mount about a 20% from the left of the corner so the mirror could sit lower (and still lay flat to the left), but then had issues with getting it adjusted into the right position as the right left tilt was then limited (really need a suction cup to "test"). I finally settled on the right helm corner, easy enough (though I do wish they had printed instructions - no reception in the lake to do a quick look up - how are those two plastic washers supposed to be used?!?! - LOL). My final position turned out to be about a 1/4 of inch too far back (slightly rubs seat cushion when folded down across helm window). But, when up I found i like it pushed as far back away from the helm and out to the side - not so much "in my face" - really helped! Though I need some time with it (had it up for about an hour before the weekend ended) - first impressions: Great Mirror! I could possibly see having the arm a few inches shorter, I think the wide narrow mirror could be an excellent option (this one is giant - thus really helped getting it far away). However, with only a couple of ski runs and a NEED to fiddle with it more - it's a wait and see. BUT - I could see the ski rope & rider in the water, about 80% of their side to side run and 100% if I moved just a bit - which was awesome! SO MUCH nicer than the other 3 "bargain" mirrors I tried. Definitely recommended. The more we get people to share their Helm Installs - I think the more we will find the "perfect" spot, setup and maybe encourage an adjustable height arm!!. Drilling the helm with a new bit was no problem.

Attachments

• PTM Mirror Install (1).jpg
    PTM Mirror Install (1).jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 75
  • PTM Mirror Install (4).jpg
    PTM Mirror Install (4).jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 75
  • PTM Mirror Install (5).jpg
    PTM Mirror Install (5).jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 74
  • PTM Mirror Install (8).jpg
    PTM Mirror Install (8).jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 74
  • PTM Mirror Install.jpg
    PTM Mirror Install.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 76
PTMEdge Helm Install: Ok, got it installed on Sunday (too busy having fun on Saturday)! Must have spent 30 minutes moving it around and trying different positions, keeping in mind I wanted an easy fold down when mooring. As expected / noted - the left helm was a great viewing spot, but really blocked forward visuals, did not look right, and would have become a grab bar. I liked the mount about a 20% from the left of the corner so the mirror could sit lower (and still lay flat to the left), but then had issues with getting it adjusted into the right position as the right left tilt was then limited (really need a suction cup to "test"). I finally settled on the right helm corner, easy enough (though I do wish they had printed instructions - no reception in the lake to do a quick look up - how are those two plastic washers supposed to be used?!?! - LOL). My final position turned out to be about a 1/4 of inch too far back (slightly rubs seat cushion when folded down across helm window). But, when up I found i like it pushed as far back away from the helm and out to the side - not so much "in my face" - really helped! Though I need some time with it (had it up for about an hour before the weekend ended) - first impressions: Great Mirror! I could possibly see having the arm a few inches shorter, I think the wide narrow mirror could be an excellent option (this one is giant - thus really helped getting it far away). However, with only a couple of ski runs and a NEED to fiddle with it more - it's a wait and see. BUT - I could see the ski rope & rider in the water, about 80% of their side to side run and 100% if I moved just a bit - which was awesome! SO MUCH nicer than the other 3 "bargain" mirrors I tried. Definitely recommended. The more we get people to share their Helm Installs - I think the more we will find the "perfect" spot, setup and maybe encourage an adjustable height arm!!. Drilling the helm with a new bit was no problem.
Looks great! Nice neat job!

Interesting placement! I would not have thought to place it there but it looks like a good location. Thanks for sharing!

Laurence, Awesome write up and thank you for posting the pictures. I'm excited you finally found a place to mount the system, it looks awesome!.
Our web site has install videos for all our style mirrors and brackets. Check them out anytime.
Thanks again!

This mirror looks awesome! Does anyone know if the discount code still works?? I'd love to get one as well. Thanks

This mirror looks awesome! Does anyone know if the discount code still works?? I'd love to get one as well. Thanks

20% off code: SEEEVERYMOMENT

Back