Pylon?

missrozita

Reaction score
I’m new here so forgive my ignorance. My husband owns a 2009 GF2075 and we have the telescoping tow pole I believe you all refer to as a pylon? Anyway, use it to pull grandkids around on tube for 4 summers so far (purchased used) Went to crank her up today and battery is dead. Husband tried to lower “tow pole” to get battery compartment (w changing drape pop up) to open and notice tow pole is slightly bent but it’s enough that it won’t telescope back down/can’t flip open top to get battery out. Anyone have ideas on how to straighten the pole without going to the moneyrina?

Last edited:
Does it telescope down, or is it a turn-and-release pole? (On most you lift and turn to disengage the catch, and then it lifts right out).

If it is a telescoping pole, can you turn it 180 degrees? You could attach a rope to a tree and try to pull it straight... be careful and patient if you do try. If it doesn't turn you could try the same maneuver in reverse by tying off the front of the boat. Again, patience, caution and a strong rope would be important here. Good luck!

Back