Sharpie Marker Stain Removal

Don't know if this will help.
Here are the updated Simtex cleaning and care instructions .
Their phone number and email is at the bottom of the care instructions .
1660471972420.png

I would call the number that Jack gave to you above and ask the manufacturer for advice

Some tooth pastes are abrasive.

I know it's a big no-no on Simtex-equipped boats, but if nothing else works I'd recommend trying spray-on sunscreen. Works surprisingly well on removing sharpie from skin (old trick from high school swim meets).

Otherwise, maybe isopropyl alcohol. Try whatever you do on an inconspicuous area first - like under a seat cushion.

Pics? What happened?

I've had good luck using white rain hair spray to remove ink, printer toner stains. Get the pump bottle, not the aerosol. Good luck!

I know it's a big no-no on Simtex-equipped boats, but if nothing else works I'd recommend trying spray-on sunscreen. Works surprisingly well on removing sharpie from skin (old trick from high school swim meets).

Otherwise, maybe isopropyl alcohol. Try whatever you do on an inconspicuous area first - like under a seat cushion.

Pics? What happened?
The end result will be worse than the intended fix.

here is the complete list of approved cleaners from the Spradling website
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://spradlingvinyl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Approved-Cleaners-2016-SIM.pdf

Back