Simon Motor Sports and my Verado

Has anybody else used Simon Motorsports? Scott1 seemed to have great results, but did not have pre/ post numbers. I would love to hear from somebody that has been able to compare.

Just got this email

[SIZE=14pt]GOOD NEWS!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]We now have the programming ready for your 4 stroke. If you are still interested in the upgrade, please send it in.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Don't forget to include your name, return shipping address and contact info.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Also, please note that it is for upgrade![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] Thank you for your interest in our services.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] Debbie[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] Simon Motorsports[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] 1940 Joe Crosson Dr #14[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] El Cajon, CA 92020[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] 760-440-9334[/SIZE]

I will email and see what the power increases are and pricing.

Just got this email

[SIZE=14pt]GOOD NEWS!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]We now have the programming ready for your 4 stroke. If you are still interested in the upgrade, please send it in.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Don't forget to include your name, return shipping address and contact info.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Also, please note that it is for upgrade![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] Thank you for your interest in our services.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] Debbie[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] Simon Motorsports[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] 1940 Joe Crosson Dr #14[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] El Cajon, CA 92020[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] 760-440-9334[/SIZE]

I will email and see what the power increases are and pricing.
Any news on this?  Very curious what HP they can get out of it...

I did get a reply some months ago.  The reprogramming is available.  They stated that it gives 10HP increase.  That just didn't make any sense that it that small an increase.  Since I was putting the boat in the barn for the winter I never followed up.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they left off a zero?  I don't think you'd even notice a 10 HP difference on a 150.  No point in buying that.

The 150 is a 3.0L engine.  Mercury's 300 Verado (supercharged) is a 2.6L.  It has 6 cylinders though, so completely different motor.  Just saying the 150 should be able to pump out a lot more than it does stock...

Maybe they left off a zero?  I don't think you'd even notice a 10 HP difference on a 150.  No point in buying that.

The 150 is a 3.0L engine.  Mercury's 300 Verado (supercharged) is a 2.6L.  It has 6 cylinders though, so completely different motor.  Just saying the 150 should be able to pump out a lot more than it does stock...
I thought the same thing.  With what Mercury said about the 3.0L I thought there would be lots of room for HP.  I will have to call Simon and talk to somebody.  

Let me know what you find out.

I thought ,I was told 175 out a 150 ",IF" you also do the fly wheel .

Could be mistaken . :wub:

A 7% hp increase plus a better torque curve thru the power band isn't bad with just a Ecu retune.

The Verado 225 to 300 is essentially the same motor and why such over the wall numbers have been put out there. Unless you have a 300 Verado then a 7% increase doesn't seem like much vs our 250's coming in around 318. Overall performance did increase throughout the power band. Some say fuel economy but I'm honestly full throttle most of the time and haven't paid attention to that to be honest

My buddy has the merc 150 and just got an email from Simon motorsports that they can give him 30hp with an ECM re-program.  He said he is going to do it.

How much?

My buddy has the merc 150 and just got an email from Simon motorsports that they can give him 30hp with an ECM re-program.  He said he is going to do it.
Is that with or without their flywheel upgrade also ?

Is it the lower the HP the greater gain or the opposite is generally true?

I wonder what my 200 could produce with an ecm programing change. Even though I think it is basically what Yamaha already did to get it to 200 from the 150 it is based on.

I wonder what my 200 could produce with an ecm programing change. Even though I think it is basically what Yamaha already did to get it to 200 from the 150 it is based on.
Yamaha got the 200 hp by increasing the compression ratio and putting a large throttle body on their 4 cylinder engine.  They get more speed as the increased horsepower will push a higher ratio gear box.  The F200 owners appear very satisfied with speeds approaching that of SHO engines on tritoons, but they should be faster with a $2800 price differential vs. the F150.

ECU flashes work so much better on a turbocharged or supercharged engine vs. an engine that's normally aspirated.  That's why the increases on Verados are substantial.  I would think Simon's programs would result in improved drivability on any engine, however.

Is that with or without their flywheel upgrade also ?
Just spoke with him, the email just mentioned tuning nothing about the flywheel.

He told me the cost he thinks is $650 but mine I think was $850

Any success or horror stories from the folks that did this?  I too have an F150, feeling sluggish...

You have two toons right? Throwing more power at it probably won't give you the results you are looking for.

Back