THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

Our winter is going to be dealing with the tear down  and new house construction at Lake Cumberland.  Just ran done today, 4 hrs each way.  The foundation is done, I beams and subfloor done, have most of the wall sections ready to go up.  Should be weathered in in 2 weeks.  Hopefully ready for dock day late APRIL 2016. This is the place we get to enjoy with the kids and grandkids until  when we go over the rainbow.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Remedition, looking forward to following your construction

Looking forward to seeing the progress as well. I love a good construction project. I was thinking about creating a half wall going down stairs just so I could smell some saw dust.

I have a construction camera going that takes a pic every 5 minutes.  I will try to post it. 

Lake house was gone in 90 minutes.  

In three weeks we bottom out for daily daylight and start the journey back towards those long sunny summer days!

With almost 60 degrees forecasted here for Wednesday I am a happy camper. I know we have some cold spells ahead of us but it our lake never froze this winter I would be happy!

The ice fishermen were out by Thanksgiving last year ,this year not a trace ( yet )  :p

Days get longer now!! Woohoo!!

It may be 101 days but remember SemperFi the days are getting longer now so it may actually take longer than that ​​

Semp...I need an update. Seeing the countdown in the double digits will save me a call to my therapist.

Here ya go Andy !!

So 77 More days! That is encouraging! Mine has already been laid up for 96 days....I'm ready for spring.

El Nino Must Be Taking A Break

I was hoping the Lake would stay Ice Free This Year 

127255574.jpg

Unfortunately Not The Case

We Were 0 F Here During The Night 

Today 35 F 

Tomorrow Near 50 F 

127255571.jpg

Unfortunately Back To The Deep Freeze On Monday 

May Can't Get Here Fast Enough :)  

I was told 65 Days Till Spring 

19ca6591f36721af3cc231f79fa8e183.jpg

We're expecting highs in the low to mid 70s, tomorrow. Guess what I'll be doing?   :D

Yep, the little wife and I are planning on launching the Toonafun for some outdoor adventure on the water.

Back