THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

I can't even imagine that much snow. A couple feet would paralyze us here. We know we got a lot when we have to load it on a flat bed and dump it in the field at work.

Not our lake because you cant afford lakefront property, Lake George is know as the Queen of lakes.  A lot of wealthy money here so they are always working on preserving the lake.  They lead the way in technology using computer sensor reporting both on the lake and it's tributaries and now in an effort to reduce salt have bought these new snow plows; 

http://www.lakegeorge.com/whatsnew/2015/10/reduce-road-salt.html

That countdown is depressing!

That is depressing. We need a thread where all the people in the warmer parts of the country can rub it in that we boat all year!  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Que Carl!

I'm only going to say this 20 or 30 more times... AT LEAST YOU HAVE A BOATING SEASON TO LOOK FORWARD TO!!!!

Our date is also not April 1 as others. ours is most likely in Mid May as well

Now that I am in a private marina ,I can put in as soon as the ice is gone .Which up here is May  :D

Sorry, I was on a big boat and it was 94 degrees in Belize. It was way tooooooooooo hot!

I thought Belize was a crap hole when I was there. Sounds like you had a better time there than I!! Welcome back!

I thought Belize was a crap hole when I was there. Sounds like you had a better time there than I!! Welcome back!
First time I've heard others say this. My family thought the same thing, at least when coming in via cruise ship port. Resorts are another matter as I understand.

I think the resorts there are better than the cruise port. And............it was HOT!

Sigh .........  :(  

Last edited by a moderator:
This winter our lake level is not drawn down so as soon as the weather is nice...the boat will be back at the dock! I remember boating in March back in 2012. I'm hoping for another one of those seasons! Semp, something tells me you will survive this next 133 days as you seem to have every other hobby at your finger tips!

We put it up for the winter all wrapped Tuesday  Now I can look forward to March 15, 2016. The next time we can go for a ride 116 days.

Yeah, between the Solstice, road running, the Jeeps, guitars, drones, photography, and guns, I think I can keep my mind occupied ...... at least the first month or so ..... Lol!!!

Back