THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

Ugghhh .... dealer is running behind due to weather. No toon on dock till probably end of next week ...... guess I'll set up a lawn chair on the dock and fish .... :p
Woohoo !! Just got a surprise call from dealer. They squeezed us in. Boats at the dock. Headed up to get my fix !!!!

Oh man, it's amazing how just climbing around on the toon makes you feel so much better. Little cool today to go out, but tied it up my way, put cleaning stuff in seat, hooked up streamer. Ready to go for tomorrow !!!

WOO HOO !!!!        :D

Blue sky.... Why no ride today. We took our first trip out on the lake today....in the paddle boat!

It wasn't so much the cold, but the wind was pretty bad. Blowing across that 38 degree or so water makes it feel even colder !!

At least you got out. Funny, years ago we were going to buy a paddle boat. That's what started us down this road .......

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave, Don't go looking at pet rocks, you might wind up with 19 kids or a replica of Mount Rushmore in your backyard.

SemperFi - how long does it take you to put that cover on? Taking delivery soon and I want to be diligent about putting the cover on, but that looks like an intense job each time take her out.

It takes me 10-15 minutes to take off or put on the cover by myself.

5 minutes off, maybe 7-8 on. That's with both of us. Like Carl said, by myself probably 10-12.

We unhook starting on port and fold it over to starboard in half then half again. Lay on floor and roll up neatly. When ready to cover, unroll and reverse process.

Alone, 10 - 15 minutes but don't make it a chore.  I do mine with a beer and stop look around marveling that I live on the lake, dangle you feet in the water and know you are taking good care of your baby

Finally ......

You can't beat that first time out for the season feel!

Brought my Bennington home yesterday after work.

I need some friggen rain to bring our lake level up. About a foot to go and I'll be bringing mine home. jealous of you guys out on the water and able to put your hands on your boats.

Yeah, our lake is still down about 3 plus feet. Just need a couple good days of rain to fill it up.......I'm off Friday, so it should rain like crazy that day.

If you look at the tree line in the video, it looks like the trees and shore are white with snow ...... That aint snow ... it's bird poop !! There are black ducks roosting there and they have the whole side of that island covered in crap.

I just hope they stay there and off our bimini !!!!

The bacteria should help grow some weeds and cause ecoli. We had a problem with geese at our lake until the trapped and relocated them

We are still waiting for the river to go down, it needs to go down about 2-1/2 feet before we can go out. I'm hoping the last weekend in April if we don't get anymore storms. Maybe we can reroute some of our water to you guys!

And so it begins ........

With the mild winter predicted in the North, April 1st would be nice up here . :D

Yeah Jack, after the last two, we need a break this year. I guess I deserve it as my company got me a new truck with a shiny new plow spring of 2014. It got it's workout last winter .....  :angry:

Back