Vinyl Floor turning tan/ orange

Mary C Arrowood

Reaction score
The vinyl flooring on my 2016 Bennington is turning tan to orange in spots. This will not come off. There are multiple places this is happening. There has been no abuse or anything spilled on the floor.
Is this a problem that the warranty would cover? what should I do?Vinyl Floors discoloration  Sept 2018.jpg

Warranty unless you had something on there that stained it. I remember seeing this a little while back.

Looks like mold and/or the wood underneath got wet. Like Lakeliving stated I would think the warranty would take care of that.

Just an uneducated guess, but that looks like it was caused by people using the boarding ladder
that are coated in bug repellent. If you read the warning label on products with DEET, it says it can damage some types of plastic furniture.

Some suntan/sunscreen products can also cause orange stains on upholstery and vinyl flooring.

Several others have complained of a similar problem with their flooring and I have some discoloration as well, but I assumed mine was caused by a poor acid wash job by my dealer. As suggested above, contact your dealer! Good luck and keep us posted, please!

The vinyl flooring on my 2016 Bennington is turning tan to orange in spots. This will not come off. There are multiple places this is happening. There has been no abuse or anything spilled on the floor.
Is this a problem that the warranty would cover? what should I do?View attachment 23337

Looks like a problem with glue. I’ve seen this on other pontoons and the warranty covered it.

I just got mine out of storage and see this on the back deck. there was a hint of something last year, but now...
Any update on the others that have similar issues?

Yikes! I'd be letting your dealer know.

Just curious. Is that the main place passengers stand to apply sun screen or block?

Just curious. Is that the main place passengers stand to apply sun screen or block?

Not that I know of..
If I had to guess, I'd say its from a rag or cloth with solvent of some kind or gasoline that sat on there. I don't think I did that, but who knows. In either case, that shouldn't happen any case. Surely the flooring is gasoline resistant. no?

Before anyone and gives bad, incorrect, or uneducated advice, please contact your dealer.

My own issue with orange but I'm assuming that was the result of a poorly done acid wash.
IMG_1126.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1126.JPG
    IMG_1126.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 4
I had an accident with gas and it looked like that

Thankfully, no accidents on my part!

Reviving this thread from earlier.
Happy to report that my dealer and Bennington did an excellent job of replacing my flooring under warranty.
It continued to get worse over time as you can see compared to earlier pictures in this thread.
The last pic is the replacement (different pattern) as they didn't offer this same Teak style.. which is fine with me.
Again, very pleased with Bennington and Taylor Marine in Belleville IL

20200618_185651.jpg20200618_185739.jpg20210330_091230.jpg

Thanks for the update! Your efforts will likely help someone else out in a similar situation.

Reviving this thread from earlier.
Happy to report that my dealer and Bennington did an excellent job of replacing my flooring under warranty.
It continued to get worse over time as you can see compared to earlier pictures in this thread.
The last pic is the replacement (different pattern) as they didn't offer this same Teak style.. which is fine with me.
Again, very pleased with Bennington and Taylor Marine in Belleville IL

View attachment 29521View attachment 29522View attachment 29523
Did they say what caused it?

Back